App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
arun_kumar said:
no i sent it in my college's letterhead......is it bad!
http://schulich.ucalgary.ca/chemical/graduate/faq#q17a

check this link, this is about my course (Petroleum Engineering) , there is a question "Can I use any form for the letters of reference? " check the answer for that FAQ
In my course i have to download reference form and make my referee to feel that and seal it in my university envelope with university stamp and his signature
so find out about your course...

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
You could have made your referees do it online. It's so much easy than mailing the letters and forms to Univ. It does not need a seal though; but still it requires the same format like - putting the content in the letterhead with a valid signature. My referees initially only uploaded the letters and forms, but the system didn't accept and my Program coordinator told me that its incomplete because its not in the letterhead and without signature. Later , i had them re-do it and now its alright.

Since its past the deadline now for you, it cant be done again.Just hope whatever you did must be considered good as of now..

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
DIVYAZABI said:
You could have made your referees do it online. It's so much easy than mailing the letters and forms to Univ. It does not need a seal though; but still it requires the same format like - putting the content in the letterhead with a valid signature. My referees initially only uploaded the letters and forms, but the system didn't accept and my Program coordinator told me that its incomplete because its not in the letterhead and without signature. Later , i had them re-do it and now its alright.

Since its past the deadline now for you, it cant be done again.Just hope whatever you did must be considered good as of now..

i know but i had enough time so i sent them hard copy , and my proff is old so he isnt that good at online filling form and those kind of stuff , so i preferred hard copy system rather than filling it up online

but yahh i think this is same for all program , everyone has to fill reference form of university of calgary and attached a separate reference letter.
and this is the procedure for all universities

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Usually they will contact you if any your referees have incompletely accomplished the personal letter of reference or the reference package that was sent to the referee's email that you provided in the myUofC application webpage. Your referees' email addresses have to be institutional; not @yahoo.com or @gmail.com otherwise it will deemed invalid. In my case, after the deadline, the program coordinator emailed me, saying that one of my referees forgot to send the reference package. I contacted my referee and requested her to fill out the reference package and upload it to my myUofC student page. After that, the program coordinator gave me an acknowledgement saying my requirements are now complete and will be assessed anytime soon. After a month, I received their Letter of Admission. I advise you to just wait until further notices from the program coordinator has been made. Good luck!

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
DocRZ said:
Usually they will contact you if any your referees have incompletely accomplished the personal letter of reference or the reference package that was sent to the referee's email that you provided in the myUofC application webpage. Your referees' email addresses have to be institutional; not @ yahoo.com or @ gmail.com otherwise it will deemed invalid. In my case, after the deadline, the program coordinator emailed me, saying that one of my referees forgot to send the reference package. I contacted my referee and requested her to fill out the reference package and upload it to my myUofC student page. After that, the program coordinator gave me an acknowledgement saying my requirements are now complete and will be assessed anytime soon. After a month, I received their Letter of Admission. I advise you to just wait until further notices from the program coordinator has been made. Good luck!

yahh i knw, in my application they said its under evaluation and nothing extra required but have to wait till 2nd week of May ...so just waiting ...hope for the best...i think in your course evaluation time period is different so you got the answer very early

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
DocRZ said:
Hi Bhag_07! I think you just have to wait as what the program coordinator for Masters in Petroleum Engineering told you. In my experience, they are pretty straight forward people. When they told me to wait for 4-6 weeks for the decision, they really gave me a decision within that span of time. Maybe they are just collecting all the applicants documents before they do the assessment. There might be many applicants for your program since Calgary is a petroleum rich city and that they want to make sure they get the best students. Good luck! -DocRz

By the way, has anyone of you know about the handling time for online visa application? Manila Visa Office says their average handling time for Student Visa is 15 weeks since they process visa for Japanese and Koreans too. I might not be able to get to Canada in time for the Fall Term... Thanks!

hy about visa application...i am from INDIA and and here it takes generally 1 month ..max to max 2 months...you should try to contact embassy , sorry i havent much idea about Philippines ...hope you will get it on time :)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi Bhag_07! Just got some info from another thread about the online application. According to one applicant, she has information that the average handling time is 40 days which is way faster than 15 weeks! Hopefully you'll get accepted!!! Cheers to our dreams!!! -DocRZ

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Actually I had taken 3 letters of recommendation in my college letter head signed and sealed from 3 referees and then separately I sent them reference letters (provided by univ of calgary in their format) filled (hardcopy) again signed and sealed from 3 referees and I sent this by post. Is it ok???

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
arun_kumar said:
Actually I had taken 3 letters of recommendation in my college letter head signed and sealed from 3 referees and then separately I sent them reference letters (provided by univ of calgary in their format) filled (hardcopy) again signed and sealed from 3 referees and I sent this by post. Is it ok???
This is the procedure,

Two references are required. Each reference must include:
i) the completed University of Calgary Reference form, and
ii) a separate letter of reference
from referees able to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.

if you have done this than your good to go :)

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
oh Ohk I guess I have sent one extra ....but ya I have done as mentioned..but my referees were busy and they told me to fill the reference letters based on their comments and they just signed and sealed it. LL it create any prob?

sayan198

Apr 5, 2013
@ arun, if you have send hard copy in university format, check the status in your student center profile. if it is showing complete then I think no need to worry, or else just mail the graduate coordinator to ask about your LOR status.

Because my referee have filled it online, when they have completed and submitted my online profile was also showing completed.

I hope this helped.

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
arun_kumar said:
oh Ohk I guess I have sent one extra ....but ya I have done as mentioned..but my referees were busy and they told me to fill the reference letters based on their comments and they just signed and sealed it. LL it create any prob?
well i dont think so , ur fine :)
now hope for the best , and post here if application status change

BhaGs_07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th May 2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre Medical Done
VISA ISSUED...
10th June 2014
Hy, guys any update on your applications ? ...i tried to contact to the university but they are not replying either through email or call