July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
DocRZ said:
@ Divyazabi: USask has a very big facility for vaccine technology. One of the biggest in North America. So if you're planning to be involved in this area of biomedical sciences, then USask is a very good university for you. USask is also a member of the U15 so getting admission from this university is quite a big deal already, although its ranking in QS is lower compared to UofC and UWO.

@ Ned09: Engineering is best taught in UofToronto, UBC and Waterloo. But both schools have good programs on engineering. UofC has a very competitive degree on petroleum engineering. I'm not sure which school has a better program on electrical engineering...

Thanks much DocRZ... my supervisor is in the area of Personalized medicine. Well now, he does the design and modelling of biosystems using the computational techniques while aiming at developing the concept of individualized medicine!

I also hav applied for the MBT-Masters in Biomedical Technology at U of C. From what I heard from the program coordinator of this Univ, seemingly its a difficult task of getting into the program as its highly competitive and will choose only 21 students in total for the course. I also got a favorable reply from the graduate chair saying that I should be able to get into the program as I have a really excellent profile. I am also positive in getting through the admission. The only thing that concerns me choosing U of C is that its a 1 yr Master's and I don't get any form of scholarship and also the course fee is $29800. I just giving it a second though if its really worth to spend that much for just one year. Also I am thinking of the PGWP after I complete the program which is going to be only for one year!

I rather thought I will go in for U of S as I have scholarship and GTA coupled with complete funding. PLus as you know, the fees is incredibly low and so is the living expenses in Sask. Also its a 2 yr program wherein I will be eligible for a 3 yr PGWP. Since its a Supervisor driven graduation, I thought the credibility of the graduation will also be high. Of course, the MBT from U of C also is high and I was assured that I would get into the junior level management in the initial time of my career (MBT- mainly focuses on the Management of Companies in sphere ofBiotech, Pharma and the like)

Is that good enough to go with U of S? Could you please advise as to what would be a wise decision??

PS: below is my profile....

10th- 92%
12th-92%
B.Tech (Industrial Biotechnology)- 91%
IELTS- 7.5 (overall with no band less than 7)

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
DIVYAZABI said:
Thanks much DocRZ... my supervisor is in the area of Personalized medicine. Well now, he does the design and modelling of biosystems using the computational techniques while aiming at developing the concept of individualized medicine!

I also hav applied for the MBT-Masters in Biomedical Technology at U of C. From what I heard from the program coordinator of this Univ, seemingly its a difficult task of getting into the program as its highly competitive and will choose only 21 students in total for the course. I also got a favorable reply from the graduate chair saying that I should be able to get into the program as I have a really excellent profile. I am also positive in getting through the admission. The only thing that concerns me choosing U of C is that its a 1 yr Master's and I don't get any form of scholarship and also the course fee is $29800. I just giving it a second though if its really worth to spend that much for just one year. Also I am thinking of the PGWP after I complete the program which is going to be only for one year!

I rather thought I will go in for U of S as I have scholarship and GTA coupled with complete funding. PLus as you know, the fees is incredibly low and so is the living expenses in Sask. Also its a 2 yr program wherein I will be eligible for a 3 yr PGWP. Since its a Supervisor driven graduation, I thought the credibility of the graduation will also be high. Of course, the MBT from U of C also is high and I was assured that I would get into the junior level management in the initial time of my career (MBT- mainly focuses on the Management of Companies in sphere ofBiotech, Pharma and the like)

Is that good enough to go with U of S? Could you please advise as to what would be a wise decision??

PS: below is my profile....

10th- 92%
12th-92%
B.Tech (Industrial Biotechnology)- 91%
IELTS- 7.5 (overall with no band less than 7)
I ll def recommend university of sasketchewan. Calgary even though is better than sasketchwan in terms of ranking (not in every ranking though. In shanghai sask is better) 1 year degree might be a prob not only for PGWP but also the exp which u gain ll be less........also you don't have a funding which is quite imp for Masc since you get involved with many research activities and thesis writing and desertions .....Hive five for Saskatoon from my side

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Divyazabi: You've got a very impressive profile. It's even better than mine. LOL. I'll advise you to attend USaskatchewan. All criteria for a good postgraduate degree is in favor of USask. One, they have this facility to create good graduates in their programs. The program itself is a good match with what you're expecting to have. Second, it seems you've already created a good relationship with your research supervisor. This alone is very hard to establish. I even had a hard time establishing such relationship with my research supervisor in UCalgary. It takes a lot of hardwork sending communications to different professors so that they may consider you to be part of their team. Third, you've got funding. For me this is the ultimate reason in choosing USask. I chose UCalgary because I'm getting $20,000/year as a MS-PhD student. Funding is very essential as it is very expensive to live and study in Canada. To be offered funding is of great pride and honor. Hope I gave you a good advise.

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
Thank you DocRZ! Yes, you answered it all!! Funding is all that matters and so does the scholarship :) At U of C, seemingly that specific program does not provide anyone with a scholarship. Also the fees is ridiculously high.. that is the tuition alone. I didn't include the extras like the practicuum, lab and books etc.

So I've made my decision firm- its going to be U of S !! Yay...thanks again Doc :)

Btw... may I know your profile, wanna know how mine looks better than yours :p

DIVYAZABI

Dec 3, 2012
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Chennai, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-15, 2013
Passport Req..
July-16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July-17,2013
LANDED..........
Sep-09,2013
arun_kumar said:
I ll def recommend university of sasketchewan. Calgary even though is better than sasketchwan in terms of ranking (not in every ranking though. In shanghai sasjk is better) 1 year degree might be a prob not only for PGWP but also the exp which u gain........also you don't have a funding which is quite imp for Masc.....Hive five for Saskatoon from my side
Thanks Arun-Kumar :) I am going to go to U of S! So how is your admission in Germany Univ's coming along?

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
DIVYAZABI said:
Thanks Arun-Kumar :) I am going to go to U of S! So how is your admission in Germany Univ's coming along?
Am yet to apply !!! :p After may 10th only ll start process :-[ . But if I get conditional offer in Calgary stating if I take ielts again and score 7 is it better to go ahead with Calgary or go ahead with Germany

advantage of Calgary ;-
*Easy PR options later. Biggest USP
*English speaking province
*2 year PGWP

advantage of Germany:-
*no tuition fee
*lots of engineering companies(electrical and mechanical mainly) present
*6.5 ielts enough
*internship mandatory in many programs
*and program is quite specific which is what I like . and this is the most important point why I am considering Germany and not US.for ex if you are interested in control systems(one of my fav sub) and in that autonomous systems then they provide Msc Autonomous System .
*chance to learn german language for free

PS: I have 99% chance of getting into a better ranked univ than Calgary in germany

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Divyazabi: No worries. I am happy I was of help.
Profile:
CGPA: 3.56/4.0 from University of the Philippines
IELTS: 8.0
5 year experience as a small animal veterinarian.

@Arun_Kumar: I think you must decide first what is purpose. If you are making studying in Canada a stepping stone to get PR then choose Canada. But if you really wanted to enhance your education and career in the future, choose Germany. It seems to me Germany has all the advantages. Good program and internship. No tuition fee. More job opportunities since there's a long list of engineering companies. Although learning German is quite difficult, consider it a challenge.

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
DocRZ said:
@ Divyazabi: No worries. I am happy I was of help.
Profile:
CGPA: 3.56/4.0 from University of the Philippines
IELTS: 8.0
5 year experience as a small animal veterinarian.

@ Arun_Kumar: I think you must decide first what is purpose. If you are making studying in Canada a stepping stone to get PR then choose Canada. But if you really wanted to enhance your education and career in the future, choose Germany. It seems to me Germany has all the advantages. Good program and internship. No tuition fee. More job opportunities since there's a long list of engineering companies. Although learning German is quite difficult, consider it a challenge.
Yup am thinking the same thing...Am not thinking about PR am thinking mainly about the education level and the experience which I ll get . I ll rather study and work in a region which gives me better education and opportunities rather than joining a average university for PR. Based on the results from institutions in canada I ll decide

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
adeelhaf said:
That's great profile bro... I hope u will secure admission v easily. U have mentioned that u sent 3 recommendation. But they sent 2 emails to the my professors and when I asked to send the LORs with me transcript they told that they will accept only online filled LOR. Plz take care of this thing
btw I have admission in u of regina and U of ottawa but i plan to join only u of calgary
I spoke to them Directly and got that figured out. The online profile says it is complete.

Did anyone hear a reply ?

M Eng Chemical

adeelhaf

Star Member
Dec 11, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2013
458 Bridge said:
I spoke to them Directly and got that figured out. The online profile says it is complete.

Did anyone hear a reply ?

M Eng Chemical
Then No worries.. And still not got any reply.... 1 thing is my "To do list" is still showing that final official transcript has to be submitted... when I mailed them they asked that their system is showing that it has been received...

ned09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
adeelhaf said:
Then No worries.. And still not got any reply.... 1 thing is my "To do list" is still showing that final official transcript has to be submitted... when I mailed them they asked that their system is showing that it has been received...

my to do list is showing the same..however status is complete..dont knw when they wl reply

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Don't worry too much guys about the To Do List. At some point during my application, my status is already "ADMITTED" yet my To Do List still has status Final Official Transcript to be Submitted.

sayan198

Apr 5, 2013
In my to do list also official transcript submission is pending,, but recently admission status changed to admitted