+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Alberta

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hi all,

I have been accepted as a PhD student at the University of Alberta--Fall2016. I am now in Switzerland and have been living since more than 6 months with my wife. I am particularly wondering before lodging my study permit application, about the application for my wife. I am thinking of applying both of us--- me and my wife at the same time. Since I and my wife both are from non-EU country but living in Europe since more than a year in the EU countries, I am interested to know about the student permit visa to study in Canada.

Folks I hope your thought on it.

Cheers,

Sharma

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ualberta said:
Hi all,

I have been accepted as a PhD student at the University of Alberta--Fall2016. I am now in Switzerland and have been living since more than 6 months with my wife. I am particularly wondering before lodging my study permit application, about the application for my wife. I am thinking of applying both of us--- me and my wife at the same time. Since I and my wife both are from non-EU country but living in Europe since more than a year in the EU countries, I am interested to know about the student permit visa to study in Canada.

Folks I hope your thought on it.

Cheers,

Sharma
I don't understand - what is your question?

UoA is a great school and you are lucky you got accepted.

Not sure what your status is in Europe but if it is a visitor status, I think you will have to apply for the Canadian student visa from your home country.

Good luck!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
UOA is one of the best university in Canada. Apply student visa for you and visitor visa for your wife.

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Yes we both are in Switzerland here. I am in Student visa here and my wife is in family reunion visa (familynachzuchvisum) thats how it is called in German speaking world. I wonder if I applied for both at the same time what would be the chance to get visa, for my wife visitor visa?

Thanks in advance!

xecuter

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ualberta said:
Thanks for the reply. Yes we both are in Switzerland here. I am in Student visa here and my wife is in family reunion visa (familynachzuchvisum) thats how it is called in German speaking world. I wonder if I applied for both at the same time what would be the chance to get visa, for my wife visitor visa?

Thanks in advance!
If that's the case, then you can both apply together as long as you can show sufficient funds to support the family. Your wife will accompany you on the application.

I went through the same thing when I applied for a student visa back in the days. My wife and child applied with me and our application was approved.

Good luck!

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks! I am hoping to apply by the coming week. I have a question regarding the offer letter. I have got the conditional letter that my previous university should officially the academic certificates to the University of Alberta. Will it affect to my study permit application?

Thanks in advance!