+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University is forcing me to defer

Nov 12, 2022
Hello.
I got my ppr today for January intake, and when I uploaded it to the university panel, my department sent me an email stating that the program is full and I have to defer to the next fall semester, which is 10 months later. I had also paid my tuition for the first term when I got admitted i to the program.
I wanted to know if anyone has ever see. Anything like this? Is that even legal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.
I got my ppr today for January intake, and when I uploaded it to the university panel, my department sent me an email stating that the program is full and I have to defer to the next fall semester, which is 10 months later. I had also paid my tuition for the first term when I got admitted i to the program.
I wanted to know if anyone has ever see. Anything like this? Is that even legal?
Sure its legal. The university has to fill the seats with those authorized to attend the program. Unfortunately it was too late for you. So get on the waitlist and you may get in for January. If not, you are deferred.

Reactions: Hiver23Q

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I got the same issue with my uni so I just agreed to wait for fall intake, and waitlisted for January which is close to impossible right now

Nov 12, 2022
I got the same issue with my uni so I just agreed to wait for fall intake, and waitlisted for January which is close to impossible right now
That is completely unfair. I had planned my whole life based on this. And now I have to wait for 9 more months which completely ruins everything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is completely unfair. I had planned my whole life based on this. And now I have to wait for 9 more months which completely ruins everything.
Unfortunately it happens to domestic students too if grades are not submitted in time. Universities and colleges cannot keep seats open when there are other who have the completed requirements, study permit, and are ready to attend. Talk to the university and get on the waitlist. Ask about where you are on the waitlist, and ask if it is possible you may get a seat for January. Get a new LOA from the university and upload to your account.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi, I am facing the same issue as yours. My agent is asking me to defer my class as well. Can you help to share your process please? Will really appreciate it. Thanks

Nov 12, 2022
Hi, I am facing the same issue as yours. My agent is asking me to defer my class as well. Can you help to share your process please? Will really appreciate it. Thanks
Well, I sent an email to university asking if there is another option. I realized that all classes are full and my only option is to defer. So I filled out a form and sent it to the admissions department. They took care of the rest of the things. I was also told that my study permit will be extended and there will be absolutely no problems with it. How is your situation?

Reactions: Miin

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Mine the agent is telling me to switch my course but in the same university so that I do not have to defer. According to the agent just update in the webpage about the changes of program, but I feel kind of worry..what if there will be other procedure. Do you have any idea regarding this?
Just to confirm..So meaning for you, you do not have to update anything in the IRCC?..reason because u just defer ur intake right?

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Well, I sent an email to university asking if there is another option. I realized that all classes are full and my only option is to defer. So I filled out a form and sent it to the admissions department. They took care of the rest of the things. I was also told that my study permit will be extended and there will be absolutely no problems with it. How is your situation?
Hi can I ask also, because since you already got ur passport stamping right?..is there any time frame that you need to enter Canada?

Miin

Star Member
Jul 18, 2022
Hi, can you share with me the process of deferring intake?..I got my letter of introduction to enter Canada but unfortunately the program that I have applied is full. Can u tell me what are the steps of deferring?..will really appreciate ur help

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Hi, can you share with me the process of deferring intake?..I got my letter of introduction to enter Canada but unfortunately the program that I have applied is full. Can u tell me what are the steps of deferring?..will really appreciate ur help
To deffered just email your school or your program director you should get instructions from there

Nov 12, 2022
It was actually pretty straightforward. I just emailed the admissions department they asked me to fill a form and it was done in less than a week. I got a new letter of acceptance.

Reactions: Miin