+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University admission

tarikul.2811

Sep 30, 2021
Greetings,
This is Dr. Tarik from dhaka. I've been searching Universities for pursuing MPH degree.While searching I noticed 2 things which need to be addressed
1.Most of the University ask for Grade B or Percentile results whereas my graduation result is published on PASS/FAIL format.(I have done Bachelor of medicine & surgery from Dhaka University).Now how do I know my result meets their Grade B or not???
2.Most of the Universities also ask statistics courses as admission requirement.Can I do 6 months short courses here in Bangladesh before applying into Canadian Universities??? Will this short course on statistics be approved by canadian university???
Any assistance is appreciated. Thank You.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Greetings,
This is Dr. Tarik from dhaka. I've been searching Universities for pursuing MPH degree.While searching I noticed 2 things which need to be addressed
1.Most of the University ask for Grade B or Percentile results whereas my graduation result is published on PASS/FAIL format.(I have done Bachelor of medicine & surgery from Dhaka University).Now how do I know my result meets their Grade B or not???
2.Most of the Universities also ask statistics courses as admission requirement.Can I do 6 months short courses here in Bangladesh before applying into Canadian Universities??? Will this short course on statistics be approved by canadian university???
1. Ask the school you are applying to.
2. Ask the school what stats course you can take. Usually it has to be a university level course.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Greetings,
What type of physician are you? A masters degree in public health would not really lead to career progression in most cases. Are you aware how difficult it is to practice medicine as an IMG in Canada? Most have to redo their residencies but there aren’t many residencies spots available after Canadian medical students match to residencies. Any IMG should be prepared to no longer practice medicine if they move to Canada. It is also difficult to get a job in public health. Public health is a popular degree but in reality a lot of the jobs go to practice healthcare professionals like nurses.

Reactions: Naturgrl

tarikul.2811

Sep 30, 2021
What type of physician are you? A masters degree in public health would not really lead to career progression in most cases. Are you aware how difficult it is to practice medicine as an IMG in Canada? Most have to redo their residencies but there aren’t many residencies spots available after Canadian medical students match to residencies. Any IMG should be prepared to no longer practice medicine if they move to Canada. It is also difficult to get a job in public health. Public health is a popular degree but in reality a lot of the jobs go to practice healthcare professionals like nurses.
I've no plans to practice medicine out there instead I want to build career in public health. I am a General Physician here in my country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've no plans to practice medicine out there instead I want to build career in public health. I am a General Physician here in my country.
Very difficult to build a career in public health in Canada. Majority of jobs go to nurses. Doctors and some pharmacists make up some of the other jobs. All still practice. Too many in Canada with masters and PhDs in public health and not a lot of jobs. Many leave Canada to find jobs. Would suggest looking through this forum and talking to the other IMG that did an MPH but couldn’t find and job so went back to nursing school.