+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

United States DMP Chicago -Insurance Claim

mallucharan

Feb 26, 2015
I would like to know if any one from united states tried to file claim to insurance for "Immigration Medical Service" cost , when i called my insurance (united health care) , they assured this covered as part of preventive care .However am not quite sure if claim will be approved.

Does anyone had similar experience

Place: Chicago
Doctor : Dr. James Arons

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
I've heard insurance won't cover those visits but will be happy to be proven wrong! By the way, how was that doctor? He's one of the few in range of us but another option is an immigration-specific clinic so I was leaning towards that since everyone in the office should know all of the paperwork and requirements and things.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
I've heard insurance won't cover those visits but will be happy to be proven wrong! By the way, how was that doctor? He's one of the few in range of us but another option is an immigration-specific clinic so I was leaning towards that since everyone in the office should know all of the paperwork and requirements and things.
I would like to know if any one from united states tried to file claim to insurance for "Immigration Medical Service" cost , when i called my insurance (united health care) , they assured this covered as part of preventive care .However am not quite sure if claim will be approved.
Hi @mallucharan, I also have United. I have not yet filed the claim, but I am going to do so in a week, will keep you updated on the procedure

@moose17, Not sure about Dr Arons. I went to IMEX in Chicago (Devon Ave.), they were pretty good. The doctor himself (Dr. Veramendi) seems to be an Italian Immigrant. But of the interaction was with the front desk assistant (who also happens to be the doctor's RN, for drawing blood samples etc.) who was very professional at the same time quite friendly as well. Knew exactly the kind of questions we would have had and had an answer ready for every question. They have an xray facility right next door,, where they send us for xrays. They were quite friendly in accomodating me as I suspect I had an elevated blood pressure complicated by a white coat syndrome (nervous before tests). The doc said that I should get myself checked with my PCP and whatever the PCP says he will note and submit my medicals then. I followed up with my PCP and got the IMEX doc to submit an all ok within 2 weeks.

Reactions: moose17

mallucharan

Feb 26, 2015
Thanks for your response @systix , I will wait to here about insurance claim from you . I have 1 month old DD ,so i would take her for an appointment only after one more month.

Also how much did it cost in total with IMEX?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I haven't directly checked, but I have had people confirm that these immigration test costs won't be covered by insurance. If you have HSA, you could use that and save on taxes.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
IMEX charges a total of $400 (everything included) per person

Thanks for your response @systix , I will wait to here about insurance claim from you . I have 1 month old DD ,so i would take her for an appointment only after one more month.

Also how much did it cost in total with IMEX?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
I don't know if UHC will pay, but I do know Aetna will not. Typically insurance companies do not pay claims on exams that are coded as immigration exams. The code for preventative health exams are different.

coming2canada

Aug 21, 2017

Quick question brother is Dr James Arons eMedical enabled ?...TIA

MohitaSharm

Oct 6, 2018

Hi, if you could please tell us the medical cost at Dr. James Arons?
And in how much time did they send the documents to cic??