+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unite with your immediate family member who is in workpermit need a written authorization

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
Hello,

My wife is working in canada for last 1.5 year and I am currently in Germany, I have a plan to visit her during the X'mas time on my vacations I already have a valid Visitor visa.We were last met on 2019 December when i visited Ontario. I have sent the request for a written authorization to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Do someone have any idea with in how many days they respond to these request normally, and in case they reject the request then is there an option to request again.
Thanks in advance
JM

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Hello,

My wife is working in canada for last 1.5 year and I am currently in Germany, I have a plan to visit her during the X'mas time on my vacations I already have a valid Visitor visa.We were last met on 2019 December when i visited Ontario. I have sent the request for a written authorization to this email address: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Do someone have any idea with in how many days they respond to these request normally, and in case they reject the request then is there an option to request again.
Thanks in advance
JM
any updates regarding your case? I have the same situation!

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hello,

Thanks in advance
JM
I did the email request & authorization was refused due to non-essential travel. At this time they are only authorizing essential travel requests. We even mention the reason as help with delivery & newborn, still they did not consider it essential.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Please share your experience if anyone have received written authorization being a immediate family member of a temporary resident.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please share your experience if anyone have received written authorization being a immediate family member of a temporary resident.
If you are coming for a short visit first you must quarantine for 14 days before seeing your family and with short travels there is a much bigger chance that covid will spread and people won't quarantine for the full 14 days before seeinh their family

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did the email request & authorization was refused due to non-essential travel. At this time they are only authorizing essential travel requests. We even mention the reason as help with delivery & newborn, still they did not consider it essential.
There would a high risk of potentially exposing the health system in your case if you were approved and short visits create risks of people not quarantining for 14 days before seeing their family. There is too much risk of bringing covid into Canada for a short visit. When it comes to pregnant women they are at high risk of getting very ill with covid and they have a lot of exposure to the healthcare system, health workers and other patients especially in the late stages of their pregnancy. You can make multiple trips to the hospital for false labour, movement and fluid checks and real labour. I am sure some partners would be tempted to break quarantine to be at the birth of their child and not realize the potential risk of huge exposure. Covid is very tricky because some of the superspreaders are asymptomatic. I am sorry you missed the birth of your child and I hope the mother and baby and healthy and doing well.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
There would a high risk of potentially exposing the health system in your case if you were approved and short visits create risks of people not quarantining for 14 days before seeing their family. There is too much risk of bringing covid into Canada for a short visit. When it comes to pregnant women they are at high risk of getting very ill with covid and they have a lot of exposure to the healthcare system, health workers and other patients especially in the late stages of their pregnancy. You can make multiple trips to the hospital for false labour, movement and fluid checks and real labour. I am sure some partners would be tempted to break quarantine to be at the birth of their child and not realize the potential risk of huge exposure. Covid is very tricky because some of the superspreaders are asymptomatic. I am sorry you missed the birth of your child and I hope the mother and baby and healthy and doing well.
Yes, you are right & thank you for your concern but we ourselves are very concious & taking every necessary caution to protect our baby. We will never violate any quantarine law as being from medical profession I am aware how serious its impacts could be.

Considering the risk of transmission of infection during pregnancy & delivery Now it has been almost three months since I delivered. Still, I did not hear anything back. Also it’s not a short visit. She will stay here for at least 6 months or more depending on visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, you are right & thank you for your concern but we ourselves are very concious & taking every necessary caution to protect our baby. We will never violate any quantarine law as being from medical profession I am aware how serious its impacts could be.

Considering the risk of transmission of infection during pregnancy & delivery Now it has been almost three months since I delivered. Still, I did not hear anything back. Also it’s not a short visit. She will stay here for at least 6 months or more depending on visa.
Sorry thought thr post about a spouse visiting on holiday from Germany was you as well.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
any updates regarding your case? I have the same situation!
hello,

Yes i got the response bak in 15-20 days and they have approved the travel. And all good.. if the reason is genuine and for they feel its necessary then they approve with in 15-20 working days.

Thanks

Last edited:

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
The authorization will get only for souse and kids if they applying person is in work permit.. if the applying person is a PR holder or Citizen then they can request for parents or siblings.. else they reject.

jerinmp

Sep 1, 2020
one more point to remind, if the person is traveling for a very short term like 1 month or so they wont approve, from my experience the duration of stay should minimum of 3 months or above.