+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily

Craig3558

Dec 27, 2020
Hi All,

I’m a temporary worker in Canada and been here since 1st November. My fiancée wants to come over for a few months to visit and plan our already booked wedding. We’ve been engaged 2 years, lived together 2 years and have a civil partnership together. Our residence is in France though both British. She has an eTA, though every time I fill the webform and follow the directions to get a written authorisation letter from IRCC I just get a standard email back with no help. I’ve tried calling and was told I’d get an email of the process but not received, tried ringing again but too busy they wouldn’t except calls.
The webpage suggests a form IMM 0006 though under the temporary resident visitor section all it says is if you have an eTA use the webform. As above, I’ve followed that and used wording but to no avail.
Can anyone please help as I’d really like to see her as it’ll be months more til I see her and we’ve a wedding to plan. She will and has a quarantine plan.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I’m a temporary worker in Canada and been here since 1st November. My fiancée wants to come over for a few months to visit and plan our already booked wedding. We’ve been engaged 2 years, lived together 2 years and have a civil partnership together. Our residence is in France though both British. She has an eTA, though every time I fill the webform and follow the directions to get a written authorisation letter from IRCC I just get a standard email back with no help. I’ve tried calling and was told I’d get an email of the process but not received, tried ringing again but too busy they wouldn’t except calls.
The webpage suggests a form IMM 0006 though under the temporary resident visitor section all it says is if you have an eTA use the webform. As above, I’ve followed that and used wording but to no avail.
Can anyone please help as I’d really like to see her as it’ll be months more til I see her and we’ve a wedding to plan. She will and has a quarantine plan.
How long did she wait after submitting the request to get written authorization to IRCC? It can take a while to hear back with a decision.

Craig3558

Dec 27, 2020
How long did she wait after submitting the request to get written authorization to IRCC? It can take a while to hear back with a decision.
Using the webform all she got was a generic email about who’s allowed or exempt. It never specified about authorisation letter even though she followed the procedure and which option to chose.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Using the webform all she got was a generic email about who’s allowed or exempt. It never specified about authorisation letter even though she followed the procedure and which option to chose.
If she has followed the instructions and submitted a web form, then she needs to wait for the email response from IRCC. We've seen some people on this forum hear back within three weeks with a decision. But many are waiting longer.

How long ago did she submit the web form?

Craig3558

Dec 27, 2020
If she has followed the instructions and submitted a web form, then she needs to wait for the email response from IRCC. We've seen some people on this forum hear back within three weeks with a decision. But many are waiting longer.

How long ago did she submit the web form?
She got a response after 2 days but just a generic Covid email saying who’s allowed and what to do. Does everyone get this then IRCC will still look into your request?