App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
My wife is from Japan, I am Canadian, we've submitted our Outland application, it was received in the 3rd week of April, I was aaproved as sponsor shortly after and our status on application was updated to application received, the medicals received.

My question is, will my wife receive any confirmation or any communication from CIC if everything is going smoothly? I've read that many times, Japanese Outland applicants have zero communication from CIC and just come home one day to a letter in the mail with approval and instructions.

My wife has yet to receive an email saying they received her application with her unique UCI number included. Even though they received her application almost 2 months ago.

Any insight into what kind of communication we can be expecting in the case of a Japanese Outland spousal application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Where was the application package sent to, and did you track it?

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
It was set to Mississauga and then off to Manila. It was received by Mississauga and we received confirmation. It was then later received by Manila (as well as medicals) and updated as received online. I received an email when i was approved as sponsor but we never received an email confirmation from Manila confirming they received it. I double-checked on the application forms and my wife's email address is correct, mine as well as I received emails from CIC already.

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
I'm in the same situation as you just a few months ahead. When you received an email about your sponsorship being approved they sent you a UCI Number and a file number. Use the file number and your wife's date of birth to log in under her file. Use the UCI Number to log in for you. They display the same info.

We hadn't heard anything until we got the Appendix A request which is similar to the passport request. Just keep checking your email normally and wait. You won't hear anything from them unless its a request for documents or the process is finished.

Judging by your timeline you still have a few months to wait before anything will happen.

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
hucards said:
We hadn't heard anything until we got the Appendix A request which is similar to the passport request. Just keep checking your email normally and wait. You won't hear anything from them unless its a request for documents or the process is finished.

Judging by your timeline you still have a few months to wait before anything will happen.
Gotcha. Thanks for the help!!

I haven't heard of an "Appendix A Request" until now... The only thing I ever saw with "Appendix A" on it was the checklist.

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
v-globe said:
Gotcha. Thanks for the help!!

I haven't heard of an "Appendix A Request" until now... The only thing I ever saw with "Appendix A" on it was the checklist.
Me neither until my wife got it. It's apparently the final stage of the application.

v-globe

Dec 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
4-May-2013
Med's Done....
15-Mar-2013
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2013
hucards said:
Me neither until my wife got it. It's apparently the final stage of the application.
So what exactly is it??

goldenkagi

Jun 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
None- Stage 1 Approval 18 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
26 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
18 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 Oct 2013 Rec'd 07 Nov 2013
LANDED..........
22 Nov 2013
Same as hucards, I did not get an AOR from CEM. When I got the passport request through email, it also asked for the Appendix A. This form basically asked for the info including passport details of the applicant, spouse and any children, plus the mailing address, email address and phone numbers of the applicant. I've read on the forum that this is something like the last chance to declare to the CIC any family members you may not have included previously. (not sure on the last part)

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
Ya it just asked for her details (passport, eye color, height,etc) and details of family members.