kaushik_ppx

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
02-08-2012
am84pm said:
Hi,I'm studying my PhD in robotics there. How may I help you?
Thanx a lot for your concern!!
Actually I have applied for M.Engg at the department of mechanical engineering...but have not received any news from the university since last 3 months!!!

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaushik_ppx said:
Thanx a lot for your concern!!
Actually I have applied for M.Engg at the department of mechanical engineering...but have not received any news from the university since last 3 months!!!
You need to contact your department. Have you sent contacted them currently?

kaushik_ppx

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
02-08-2012
jasanmeet said:
@ kaushik : R u doing Phd from there, how is the university there
no man!!! I have applied there for master program!!
am84pm is pursuing his phd from u of m!!

kaushik_ppx

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
02-08-2012
am84pm said:
You need to contact your department. Have you sent contacted them currently?
yes I have tried but in vain!!! I dont get any response
and if I cal the cal goes to voicemail!!!

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
today university reply me, but hey told me that i nedd to take one year of pre masters (conditional admition), now i dont know,¿?, im looking another oprtions of study.

kaushik_ppx

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
02-08-2012
jfalvitez said:
today university reply me, but hey told me that i nedd to take one year of pre masters (conditional admition), now i dont know,¿?, im looking another oprtions of study.
oh k!!!!
can tell us clearly what was written in the mail and why do u need to take up pre master course??

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
It says this:

I am pleased to inform you that the Economics Graduate Studies Committee is recommending your admission to the Pre-Master's program in Economics for the September 2013 session. While we recognize that you applied for admission to the Master’s program, the Committee was concerned that your training to date is not sufficient for success at that level. Successful completion of the Pre-Master’s program should provide you with the theoretical and econometric tools to ensure success through a future graduate degree.

This recommendation is conditional upon the Faculty of Graduate Studies final decision. Please note that the Faculty of Graduate Studies will review your documents and contact you should they require additional material before making a final decision. In due course you will receive official notice from the Faculty of Graduate Studies.

You may apply for admission to the Master’s program upon completion to the Pre-Master’s program. You should apply prior to January 15 if you wish to be considered for the University of Manitoba Graduate Scholarship. As for all graduate programs, admission and funding is competitive and so, you are encouraged to excel in the Pre-Master’s program.

Note that, for consideration for admission to the Master’s program, students must complete at least 24 credit hours in the economics department. Students who do not complete 24 credit hours of course work in their Pre-Master's program are not eligible to apply to the Master's program. Also note that the entrance requirement for the course based MA is econometrics at the level of ECON 4120 and ECON 4130.

I regret to say that Pre-Master's students are not eligible for financial assistance.

The University term begins in September 5, 2013 and you should make arrangements to arrive in Winnipeg in sufficient time to be ready to start classes on that date.

When you arrive at the University of Manitoba, please arrange to see one of the members of the departmental Graduate Studies Committee to discuss your program of studies.