+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unemployment gap

lakeland

Feb 26, 2016
Hello

I studied in England for two years after graduating I returned home. Due to some family matters I couldn't work for three years.
Now I am applying for immigration under family sponsor ship program.

Can some one guide me how can I explain my unemployment period in immigration forms and in explanation letter

Regards

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello

I studied in England for two years after graduating I returned home. Due to some family matters I couldn't work for three years.

Can some one guide me how can I explain my unemployment period in immigration forms and in explanation letter

Regards
Go this detailed guide

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#forms

& find this text on the webpage “Give details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years”. You will get all the details

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello

Regards
You are being sponsored by your spouse, correct?

Your employement history isn't a main factor to determine if you can be sponsored or not. Just put down unemployed for that period. I don't think you need an explanation. It's the sponsor that's responsible for you.