+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unemployed aunt

Este74

Apr 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sponsor my aunt and her daughter to get a TRV but the only downfall is she is unemployed and has a disabled daughter. I'll be financially responsible foe every aspect of the whole procedure and trip.

Any tips is greatly appreciated. I'm willing to purchasing maximum medical coverage for both of them and the trip is only 2 weeks.

She applied in December 2018 but was refused in January based on these reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Thanks all!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to sponsor my aunt and her daughter to get a TRV but the only downfall is she is unemployed and has a disabled daughter. I'll be financially responsible foe every aspect of the whole procedure and trip.

Any tips is greatly appreciated. I'm willing to purchasing maximum medical coverage for both of them and the trip is only 2 weeks.

She applied in December 2018 but was refused in January based on these reasons:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Thanks all!!
Just to clarify: You can invite/host someone for a TRV, but cannot sponsor the person.

1. What is their purpose of visit and for how long?

2. What ties can your aunt demonstrate to her home country: Property ownership, other dependent family members, previous travel history to other visa-required countries, etc?

3. Would you share the level of disability of her daughter?

4. Does she attend a school for special needs?

Este74

Apr 23, 2019
Just to clarify: You can invite/host someone for a TRV, but cannot sponsor the person.

1. What is their purpose of visit and for how long?
The purpose is to visit me and my kids this year for two weeks during the summer break. My kids have been spending summer with her every year for the past 5 years and this year I decided maybe she should come instead of them going.
2. What ties can your aunt demonstrate to her home country: Property ownership, other dependent family members, previous travel history to other visa-required countries, etc?
My aunt has been renting all her life. She's travel to Martinique (small French island) couple times to visit my mom and my brother but always for a period of two weeks. My grandmother is very sick right now with cancer so there's no intent of staying since she has to go back to play her part caring for her too.
3. Would you share the level of disability of her daughter?
Her daughter is completely disabled (Cerebral Palsy) and depend on her 24/7 from birth and she's now 18 years
4. Does she attend a school for special needs?
My aunt daughter attend special needs school where she obtain therapy and other form of treatment.

Thanks for the help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My aunt daughter attend special needs school where she obtain therapy and other form of treatment.

Thanks for the help.
If your grandmother is very sick right now, shouldn't you and your children go and visit her instead your aunt and her daughter come to visit you?

Este74

Apr 23, 2019
If your grandmother is very sick right now, shouldn't you and your children go and visit her instead your aunt and her daughter come to visit you?
We've travelled 3 times last year to visit and spend time with my grandmother. I'm in school full time even throughout the summer. It's not possible for me to go home right now cause it can affect my semester. Based on my school I can either take the semester off or I can wait at the end of the semester unless it's related to a death then they give you a specific amount of time off.