+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Understanding the acronyms: GCMS, RFV, IDI, NAI, ACK, RROC, etc.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Hi folks,
Reading through some GCMS notes, I came across some new and unfamiliar acronyms. I have found what some of those mean but would appreciate if some of you could help understand what any of the rest mean.
Feel free to add new acronyms and words to this thread.

GCMS: Global Case Management System
IDI: Integrated Delivery Initiative (don't know what on earth is this. Apparently, some new processing system introduced to speed up some of the PR applications. Except that everyone I am coming across with IDI-processed applications is complaining severe delays)
NRT: No record traced (?). Typically used in the context of background check and information sharing with USA and the UK
RFV: Ready for Visa
RTF: Ready to Finalize
RROC: Rapid Response Operations Centre. Apparently this is a special unit coordinating with migration officers at foreign locations to assess the impacts of COVID related traveling restrictions on immigrants to Canada. Here's an excerpt from one of IRCC's web pages: "Given that some migration offices abroad may be affected by closures during the pandemic, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) will provide support for the processing of online applications. All new applications will be processed in cooperation with the responsible migration office. Standard operating procedures have been established between each migration office and the RROC, taking into consideration office- and caseload-specific factors."

Still looking for meaning:
ACK (also written together with "History - NAI - ACK"):
NAI
:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi folks,
Reading through some GCMS notes, I came across some new and unfamiliar acronyms. I have found what some of those mean but would appreciate if some of you could help understand what any of the rest mean.
Feel free to add new acronyms and words to this thread.

GCMS: Global Case Management System
IDI: Integrated Delivery Initiative (don't know what on earth is this. Apparently, some new processing system introduced to speed up some of the PR applications. Except that everyone I am coming across with IDI-processed applications is complaining severe delays)
NRT: No record traced (?). Typically used in the context of background check and information sharing with USA and the UK
RFV: Ready for Visa
RTF: Ready to Finalize
RROC: Rapid Response Operations Centre. Apparently this is a special unit coordinating with migration officers at foreign locations to assess the impacts of COVID related traveling restrictions on immigrants to Canada. Here's an excerpt from one of IRCC's web pages: "Given that some migration offices abroad may be affected by closures during the pandemic, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) will provide support for the processing of online applications. All new applications will be processed in cooperation with the responsible migration office. Standard operating procedures have been established between each migration office and the RROC, taking into consideration office- and caseload-specific factors."

Still looking for meaning:
ACK (also written together with "History - NAI - ACK"):
NAI
:
There's an acronym thread. You might find it there:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/understanding-the-acronyms-gcms-rfv-idi-nai-ack-rroc-etc.728962/

Reactions: ElmTree