+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Understanding PNP, its obligation to live in province and PR Status

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Ok. If I apply to a particular province, will it cause any problem to my express entry profile? for instance, won't it leave wrong impression that I am applying on both PNP and express entry.
you will not apply to go thru both at one time at the end. so pick the one when times come. you can cause the system to be confuse and will definitely cause you in trouble.

gokul20401

Nov 23, 2019
Hi guys I am new to this forum doing my PR process of my own. I have some doubts, I am a software professional currently in express entry pool, meanwhile I am looking for PNP also.

I have given my province priorities as Toronto, BC, Alberta and Manitoba.

1) Since Alberta and Manitoba won't send invitations to us, how to identify when the pool opens for these provinces?
2) If I am getting a nomination to Alberta or Manitoba and I have a job offer from Toronto or BC. Is it possible to travel to Toronto or BC after landing in Alberta or Manitoba immediately?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Hi guys I am new to this forum doing my PR process of my own. I have some doubts, I am a software professional currently in express entry pool, meanwhile I am looking for PNP also.

1) Since Alberta and Manitoba won't send invitations to us, how to identify when the pool opens for these provinces?
2) If I am getting a nomination to Alberta or Manitoba and I have a job offer from Toronto or BC. Is it possible to travel to Toronto or BC after landing in Alberta or Manitoba immediately?

why not just go to Toronto instead... if you been found in misrepresentation or dishonesty, you will get in big trouble. OR just stay at where you get nomination and stay till the end. Don't put yourself on risk that will screw you. Plus you have higher job opportunities in bigger city

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019

After getting the pr card, you can move

Jatinder_singh

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019

I think Alberta Send if ur file is in pool

gokul20401

Nov 23, 2019
why not just go to Toronto instead... if you been found in misrepresentation or dishonesty, you will get in big trouble. OR just stay at where you get nomination and stay till the end. Don't put yourself on risk that will screw you. Plus you have higher job opportunities in bigger city
I have heard that mobilization is possible after a certain period from the nominated province or with genuine reason like a valid job offer or the authorization letter which can be shown for the reference. Is it true?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
I have heard that mobilization is possible after a certain period from the nominated province or with genuine reason like a valid job offer or the authorization letter which can be shown for the reference. Is it true?
if you decide to do directly with federal EE. i think is ok to work anywhere.. but if you decide to deal with province, some will want you to sign " intention to stay " paperwork. you can move but after your PR card. Nor recommending to move in between the process, because PNP have thr right till the end to withdraw your status, even reporting to federal government. SO if you think of Federal EE, then go for it.

Reactions: gokul20401

gokul20401

Nov 23, 2019
if you decide to do directly with federal EE. i think is ok to work anywhere.. but if you decide to deal with province, some will want you to sign " intention to stay " paperwork. you can move but after your PR card. Nor recommending to move in between the process, because PNP have thr right till the end to withdraw your status, even reporting to federal government. SO if you think of Federal EE, then go for it.
I am trying for the federal EE, but as of now the cut off score is above 470 so that is a challenge for me since I don't have masters degree. How long it will take to get the PR card?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
I am trying for the federal EE, but as of now the cut off score is above 470 so that is a challenge for me since I don't have masters degree. How long it will take to get the PR card?
you need to get your PR application approved before getting the card. Maybe increase your English score is better( at least band 7 and more on each band), or try to find a job to fit the criteria. No one came here and not going thru hardship to get the PR. so Looking for job and get a job offer, that will give you more promising result. or just wait for your luck to come, mpst likely hard. these days even with PNP, those cut-off points indicated that you need to get a job offer before even been qualified in the pool.

EduSi

Jun 1, 2020
Hi, @legalfalcon thank you for your advices and information. I am already here in PR in Saskatchewan (Kyle). I am planning to move in Saskatoon preferably 5 months from now. Is there an effect on my PR status since, I am PR thru SINP program? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon thank you for your advices and information. I am already here in PR in Saskatchewan (Kyle). I am planning to move in Saskatoon preferably 5 months from now. Is there an effect on my PR status since, I am PR thru SINP program? Thanks

If you were nominated by Saskatchewan, you can live and reside anywhere in Saskatchewan.

See https://bit.ly/3rtiVqv

Reactions: EduSi

sheeba_shah

Apr 14, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon, I am in a complex situation and would like your advice. I am a work permit holder in Canada and we applied for my spouse’s work permit recently. As the application requires to demonstrate that I am a full time employee, I got my reference letter from employer which only states my last position (ABC) at the company from start to present. But, in one of my own previous TRV applications, I mentioned a different position (XYZ) as I had started at that position. Will that cause me an issue? If so, how do I proceed ? Thanks for all your help!!!