+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undergrad program admission requirements(?)

gcbitencourt

Mar 30, 2015
Hey guys, i'm a new member

I'm planning to immigrate to Canada next year, start a Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy) and meet the necessary requirements to apply for PR

Currently I'm checking the websites of several canadian Universities, but I'm really confused because I can't clearly understand what are the requirements for admission for most of them. The ones that I sympathized most are U of Alberta and U of Calgary, correct me if I'm wrong, but as an International Student I need to show English + 4 courses of my choice? I really enjoy that option (plus the country specific requirements, but I already got them).

My grades (Senior Year) are: 86 English/80 Philosophy/80 Sociology/80 Geography/79 History/75 Portuguese/75 Biology/69 Chemistry/65 Physics/65 Math

Worst case scenario for Alberta/Calgary (if they do not consider Philosophy and Sociology): 79% average (best 5 courses)

With that in mind, my questions are:
1) I'm doing the wrong calculus? Do they use another formula?
2) Are my grades good enough for Alberta/Calgary?
3) Do you guys recommend any other university, not necessarily in Alberta, with this English + 4 Courses formula? Or any other University that I can be admitted to with my grades?

Thanks for taking your time :)

atmosphere99

Nov 27, 2014
Hey there,

Calgary universities not very hard to get into (vs. Toronto).

Honestly, your grades are good, but you need to choose a school that most values your English and Philosophy scores most. Think British, small. I would choose Bishop's University in Quebec, which has an excellent reputation (Oxford U. Affiliate) or King's College in Ontario.

I wouldn't worry about calculus for your subject choice. Also they will only look at your top 6 scores I think. You have an OK chance of getting into Alberta.