+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Under EE- FSW, Would CIC look into details of 6 months bank transactions?

Sep 1, 2017
I have a question regarding past 6 months bank account transactions that was required by CIC under federal skilled worker program. I have more than enough funds to meet the requirement for settlement funds. I have lots of cash deposits that came from different sources and activities (e.g selling used brand name clothes, accessories etc.) I never thought that would be a problem until someone told me it seems suspicious. It is not a lot of money. Please advise. Thank you

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
I have a question regarding past 6 months bank account transactions that was required by CIC under federal skilled worker program. I have more than enough funds to meet the requirement for settlement funds. I have lots of cash deposits that came from different sources and activities (e.g selling used brand name clothes, accessories etc.) I never thought that would be a problem until someone told me it seems suspicious. It is not a lot of money. Please advise. Thank you
It depends on how much money you deposited into your account. If it is a large sum, then it might raise concerns and you would have to prove that these deposits are yours.

In any case, they will request more info from you if they really have concerns.

Sep 1, 2017
It depends on how much money you deposited into your account. If it is a large sum, then it might raise concerns and you would have to prove that these deposits are yours.

In any case, they will request more info from you if they really have concerns.
Thank you for your reply!! I appreciate it. How much would be regarded as a large sum? The amount of my deposit ranged from like 4-50 to max like 4-500. Would it be considered as a large sum? In May, I got rid of many of my bags and clothes. I made like 10 cash deposit as I sold those items. Thank you!

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Thank you for your reply!! I appreciate it. How much would be regarded as a large sum? The amount of my deposit ranged from like 4-50 to max like 4-500. Would it be considered as a large sum? In May, I got rid of many of my bags and clothes. I made like 10 cash deposit as I sold those items. Thank you!
Large sum like 10,000 CAD or so... You should be fine

canadian-gentleman

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
Large sum like 10,000 CAD or so... You should be fine
I agree. CIC is only concerned that you didn't borrow the money. If you have many small transactions (say under 1000 dollars) the officer will not think that you borrowed small sums from multiple sources.