+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Under 18 Finger Print Request

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
Hey guys.

My brother is under 18 and my mother applied for Canadian citizenship in February 2019 and attached his file with hers.
Yesterday he received a letter from IRCC asking that he sends his fingerprint. The problem is that RCMP told us that their system would not let them send fingerprints of a minor.

Has anyone else had this issue? I find this very bizzare

Reactions: TYTBP

TYTBP

Feb 18, 2020
Hey guys.

My brother is under 18 and my mother applied for Canadian citizenship in February 2019 and attached his file with hers.
Yesterday he received a letter from IRCC asking that he sends his fingerprint. The problem is that RCMP told us that their system would not let them send fingerprints of a minor.

Has anyone else had this issue? I find this very bizzare
I'm curious about this as well. This happened to my friends. Have you learned anything you can share? Thanks

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
But they did, so they must have some logic behind their request.
Did you call CIC!!!!!!!!

Logic dictates they should not, as such calling CIC to validate is the only option!

Ramisha

Oct 20, 2018
So i did call IRCC and the person didn't know anything. They said that if we uave asked for it then you have to provide it. Go to the local police office and figure it out. So my brother went to the police and they got in touch with another department and they send a form to my brother that he had to fill out and sign and provide proof that he is under 18. And then the police send it for processing and then the fingerprints result came back to us and then we had to upload that to a web forum for IRCC.
The issue i guess was that my brother was turning 18 in a few months after that. So i guess they wanted to process it with the rest of the application. But yeah the IRCC and the police were both clueless about what to do.

TYTBP

Feb 18, 2020
So i did call IRCC and the person didn't know anything. They said that if we uave asked for it then you have to provide it. Go to the local police office and figure it out. So my brother went to the police and they got in touch with another department and they send a form to my brother that he had to fill out and sign and provide proof that he is under 18. And then the police send it for processing and then the fingerprints result came back to us and then we had to upload that to a web forum for IRCC.
The issue i guess was that my brother was turning 18 in a few months after that. So i guess they wanted to process it with the rest of the application. But yeah the IRCC and the police were both clueless about what to do.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I hope your situation got taken care of well! In my friend's situation it seems they need fingerprints but were told they can't get the finger prints until the child is older. They're looking into it further. There are a couple options for them to reapply differently - but nobody wants to have to do that.

TYTBP

Feb 18, 2020
Did you call CIC!!!!!!!!

Logic dictates they should not, as such calling CIC to validate is the only option!
Obviously each situation is unique, nuanced, and full of minutiae to which we are not all privy . Logic dictates this. With or without seven exclamation marks.

Dr_Midnite

Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-03-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
Obviously each situation is unique, nuanced, and full of minutiae to which we are not all privy . Logic dictates this. With or without seven exclamation marks.
But did you call CIC?

TYTBP

Feb 18, 2020
My friends were at the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
They wrote and passed their tests.
Then they spoke to an officer who told them they passed but they could not become citizens because the child's name was chosen by the federal government at random. So, because of this, her prints were required. But since she is a minor, she can't be finger printed until she is 18. They were told they could reapply for citizenship as individuals or wait until the youngster turns 18. My friend in the RCMP said it's a glitch in the system and that they should contact a lawyer.