+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Undeclared Marital Status

ashx

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and i have a question to ask

What if i declare my self that i am unmarried while in reality i am married. Can CIC is able to find out that i am married . I am from a Village somewhere in a country and we don't have marriage certificates.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you are married legally, you have to declare it. If you don't, it will amount to misrepresentation. You can be married and apply with a non accompanying spouse but your spouse would need PCC and medical and you would have to show proof of funds for your spouse.

Now if you apply as single and don't declare that you are married, somewhere down the line you would sponsor your spouse to join you in Canada. At that time, if CIC finds out that you were married and didn't disclose, your PR / citizenship can get revoked due to using fraudulent methods of obtaining it.

Be honest in your application. It can come back to bite you someday. Such mistakes can't be fixed.

ashx

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Thanks for Your reply

I am planning for shorter may be 1 year or 2 not longer than that

marshaluu

Jun 18, 2018
If you are married legally, you have to declare it. If you don't, it will amount to misrepresentation. You can be married and apply with a non accompanying spouse but your spouse would need PCC and medical and you would have to show proof of funds for your spouse.

Now if you apply as single and don't declare that you are married, somewhere down the line you would sponsor your spouse to join you in Canada. At that time, if CIC finds out that you were married and didn't disclose, your PR / citizenship can get revoked due to using fraudulent methods of obtaining it.

Be honest in your application. It can come back to bite you someday. Such mistakes can't be fixed.
what if after declaring single and get his PR and then travel back to his country do a court wedding and obtain a marriage certificate from the court/ then come back and sponsor the spouse ?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum and i have a question to ask

What if i declare my self that i am unmarried while in reality i am married. Can CIC is able to find out that i am married . I am from a Village somewhere in a country and we don't have marriage certificates.
You are in a de facto relationship or a common law marriage. In your application you can select "Common-law Marriage" as your type of marriage and you will not be required to provide a marriage certificate, just a statutory declaration about your status.

There is absolutely no reason or any benefit from declaring yourself as single. You can still achieve the same number of points either way but you lose the trust of the officer in one way by misrepresenting your circumstances, which can keep you out from Canada and other countries for a good amount of time.

Think carefully!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
You are in a de facto relationship or a common law marriage. In your application you can select "Common-law Marriage" as your type of marriage and you will not be required to provide a marriage certificate, just a statutory declaration about your status.

There is absolutely no reason or any benefit from declaring yourself as single. You can still achieve the same number of points either way but you lose the trust of the officer in one way by misrepresenting your circumstances, which can keep you out from Canada and other countries for a good amount of time.

Think carefully!

I do not get it why do they say unmarried when they are do there consultant tell them better chances of approval as single