+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unclear response from CIC for query on adding spouse post CoPR

vinay9023

May 31, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I recently got my CoPR as a SINGLE under Express Entry system and got my passport stamped. Shortly after that, I got married and as per the instructions from CIC, decided to inform them of this change.

I raised web inquiry requests twice and sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca as well. While I didn't receive any response for my email, I got responses for both my web enquiries from the same agent worded exactly as mentioned below:

'While examining your file, we noticed that the situation reported in your web form request is now resolved'

I do not see any messages or updates in my EE account. It still shows that my application is under process and shows the timeline for the 6 months since I submitted my application.

Below is the content of my web enquiry request.

'Dear Officer,
I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CPR) in FSW category along with stamping on my passport on 04/15/2019 from the Canada Visa Application Center, New Delhi. My marital status has changed now as I got married post CPR on 04/28/2019.
As per the instructions provided along with my stamped passport by the Canada Visa Application Center, New Delhi, I was told to immediately inform CIC about the change in my marital status and return my CPR and to wait for further instructions to submit documents for my wife.
A web enquiry raised earlier was closed saying the issue is resolved but I did not receive any instructions. Can you please advise on the next steps?
P.S: I moved post submission of my Express Entry application to India and am living here. Appreciate if the instructions provided are as per my new location.

Given below are my details.
UCI: 1183xxxxxx
Application No: E001xxxxxx
Category of immigration: FSW
CPR Date of Expiry: 10/10/2019 '

Question: Is there anything obvious I'm missing in this request? Are there any other ways to contact CIC and inform them of the change? I am planning to raise a third request again today attaching marriage certificate and photos.
People who have informed CIC, how did you guys do it and did you submit any attachments like LOE? Any help or leads are highly appreciated.

I went through other posts on this subject but did not find responses similar to the one I received, so decided to create a new one.

Thanks