+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unbelievable reason for decline visitor visa

miloslj

Hi,

My dad tried as person with work permit in Canada to call his friend from Serbia, Europe as a visitor. His friend on interview got answer "you are cabinet maker, he is cabinet maker you are not going to visit him, you are going to work" in visa office in Belgrade in Serbia.

I know that they can say NO without reason, but is this reason legit. I work in IT, is that mean that I can not call to visit me any of my friends from university just because they work in IT, or they finished IT on university? I can not believe that occupation can be a reason for decline request for visitor visa, but after this I have to ask.

Thanks.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
miloslj said:
Hi,

My dad tried as person with work permit in Canada to call his friend from Serbia, Europe as a visitor. His friend on interview got answer "you are cabinet maker, he is cabinet maker you are not going to visit him, you are going to work" in visa office in Belgrade in Serbia.

I know that they can say NO without reason, but is this reason legit. I work in IT, is that mean that I can not call to visit me any of my friends from university just because they work in IT, or they finished IT on university? I can not believe that occupation can be a reason for decline request for visitor visa, but after this I have to ask.

Thanks.
This is the result of a weak application. If he doesn't have enough funds, enough ties to home country and/or a steady job it all points that he cannot be trusted.

Solution: make him have a strong application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
miloslj said:
OK, but occupation can not be a reason?

also, he have house on his name (if you think on visitor), but he do not have to much money and steady job in home country.

Thanks
Not having a steady job or much money is the problem. Look at it from the visa officer's perspective. If someone doesn't have much money, why is this person spending the little money they have to come all the way to Canada? This doesn't make sense and is what makes the officer concerned he may be come to Canada to work.

Agreed he needs to demonstrate strong ties to his home country if he wants to apply again.