+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unauthorized break and pgwp

Jassika

Feb 21, 2019
I came as an international student in June of 2016 in Toronto. I did not start school there but I took some English improvement classes in Alberta. I started my diploma course school in Alberta on January 4. 2017. After finishing my one semester on April 24. 2017, I took one semester off without informing my school, I went back to school in September 2017 and continued my study. Then I completed two more semesters and took one official break with authorization. I am finishing my remaining courses now and will complete my diploma course on April 25, 2019. My question is that I took one break without authorization from my school. Will I be eligible for post graduate work permit with having unauthorized break ? Please advise my student permit is finishing in July 2019. I am very worried.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I came as an international student in June of 2016 in Toronto. I did not start school there but I took some English improvement classes in Alberta. I started my diploma course school in Alberta on January 4. 2017. After finishing my one semester on April 24. 2017, I took one semester off without informing my school, I went back to school in September 2017 and continued my study. Then I completed two more semesters and took one official break with authorization. I am finishing my remaining courses now and will complete my diploma course on April 25, 2019. My question is that I took one break without authorization from my school. Will I be eligible for post graduate work permit with having unauthorized break ? Please advise my student permit is finishing in July 2019. I am very worried.
No, since your studies were not continuous you will not get PGWP.

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
Solution now ?
solution for this is to enroll in other institute that also offer pgwp and complete full time study of 1 or 2 year depending on for how much duration u want pgwp after getting LOA from ur new school u need to apply foe extension of study permit.
all the best

Reactions: scylla

ammy58

Jan 6, 2020
Hi, I came to canada two months before my study because my relatives live here.

I asked Service Canada can I work and they looked at my Study permit and said Yes. I got my SIN number and I started working part time in November. My study started in January

Now I am applying for PGWP I came to know that the work I did before my full time study started was unauthorized work. I only had one job since November. I am filling IM5710 form in that I have to mention employment I am scared if they see this unauthorized work they will refuse my PGWP? Please suggest what should I do?

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Hi, I came to canada two months before my study because my relatives live here.

I asked Service Canada can I work and they looked at my Study permit and said Yes. I got my SIN number and I started working part time in November. My study started in January

Now I am applying for PGWP I came to know that the work I did before my full time study started was unauthorized work. I only had one job since November. I am filling IM5710 form in that I have to mention employment I am scared if they see this unauthorized work they will refuse my PGWP? Please suggest what should I do?
You can either explain the confusion in a letter and add that as an attachment or take the risk and apply without explaining much. It's a torturous waiting process and it deprives you of peace.

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
You can either explain the confusion in a letter and add that as an attachment or take the risk and apply without explaining much. It's a torturous waiting process and it deprives you of peace.
If you dont like to wait, you can apply in land border. Flagpoling

drsamu

Dec 10, 2020
Hey, just wondering, did you get your pgwp ?