+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unanswered question

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi Dears please help with question below of a and b option

After graduating from a (a-option)2 years accelerated program which is a normal duration 3 years diploma/certificate or (b-option)graduating from bachelors 2 years option(after degree) with normal duration of study 4 years, is it possible to claim 30 points of Canadian education by choosing the option “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR master’s, professional or doctoral”.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You Posted on another thread that,

“I studied Fast track Diploma program for 2 years in Centennial College in Toronto. However, I graduated with 3 years diploma because I started from the second year.
In this situation, how many points will get extra? 15 points because I studied 2 years or 30 points because I graduated with 3 years diploma program?”

As i said what does your diploma say since you say you graduated. Do you even have a masters, professional or doctorate? If you don’t, you don’t get points for that.

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
You Posted on another thread that,

“I studied Fast track Diploma program for 2 years in Centennial College in Toronto. However, I graduated with 3 years diploma because I started from the second year.
In this situation, how many points will get extra? 15 points because I studied 2 years or 30 points because I graduated with 3 years diploma program?”

As i said what does your diploma say since you say you graduated. Do you even have a masters, professional or doctorate? If you don’t, you don’t get points for that.
Hi, thank you for your reply, diploma says 3 years of education, 1 st year of courses listed in advanced standing because of previous study but it is finished in 2 years in accelerated way.
Also, could you please help me with my first post

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Are you in Canada & have graduated? What does the diploma and transcripts say then.
not graduated yet, but would like to know outcome of this accelerated 2 years, what it will change if in diploma written that it is 3 years of program. Please answer if you know answer of the main question

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
not graduated yet, but would like to know outcome of this accelerated 2 years, what it will change if in diploma written that it is 3 years of program. Please answer if you know answer of the main question
you should get credit for “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer.” However talk to your advisor because it may depend on the number of credits you need in canada to get the full 3 years. Why didn’t you figure this out before your graduated. You will find out when you set up your EE profile.

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
you should get credit for “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer.” However talk to your advisor because it may depend on the number of credits you need in canada to get the full 3 years. Why didn’t you figure this out before your graduated. You will find out when you set up your EE profile.
Hi,

I find in website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html
at the bottom part it is written that:
Post-secondary education in Canada - credential three years or longer30
In here, credential word means credits given and program length without taking account of study period?
if yes, I don't understand why some people in this form still received 15 points for their fast track 3 years program finished in 16 month.
Please advise where I can find information about how many credits required for 3 years program and information about that points given as per program duration and credential not study period

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Can you help please with up comment