+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanying Spouse

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
To the friends who already submitted the EE application:
My spouse will not accompany me to Canada, but when I fill out the forms of EE, many of questions concerning my spouse was still asked.
I would like to know, if anyone who has already submitted the EE application: if my spouse will not accompany me to Canada, will CIC ask for the medical examination, work proof and non criminal record of my spouse for my application files?
Thank you very much!

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
To the friends who already submitted the EE application:
My spouse will not accompany me to Canada, but when I fill out the forms of EE, many of questions concerning my spouse was still asked.
I would like to know, if anyone who has already submitted the EE application: if my spouse will not accompany me to Canada, will CIC ask for the medical examination, work proof and non criminal record of my spouse for my application files?
Thank you very much!
Yes, they will.

You might wonder 'why?'

Well, your spouse is not accompanying you now, but you can always sponsor (you are very likely to do so!) that person once you get your PR.
CIC wants to know if your spouse is admissible in Canada or not. Because, if you get your PR and then they find out your spouse is not admissible (and deny a visa or PR), you will make a legal mess for sure!

Let's say it is to cover everyone's back!

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
Yes, they will.

You might wonder 'why?'

Well, your spouse is not accompanying you now, but you can always sponsor (you are very likely to do so!) that person once you get your PR.
CIC wants to know if your spouse is admissible in Canada or not. Because, if you get your PR and then they find out your spouse is not admissible (and deny a visa or PR), you will make a legal mess for sure!

Thanks, but if I intend to divorce?

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Thanks, but if I intend to divorce?
Until your divorce is finalised, you will still have to provide the details including medicals. Post divorce, only the decree is required since the relationship is legally ended.

Reactions: superspecial90

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
Yes, they will.

You might wonder 'why?'

Thanks, in that case i might need to drop this ITA. They require documents my spouse cannot provide....Feeling really sad now.

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
Until your divorce is finalised, you will still have to provide the details including medicals. Post divorce, only the decree is required since the relationship is legally ended.
thanks. I must choose if I divorce immediately or simply drop this ITA. Otherwise it won't work.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Thanks, in that case i might need to drop this ITA. They require documents my spouse cannot provide....Feeling really sad now.
If you are not far from finalizing your divorce, you can create a profile as a divorced applicant once the decree is awarded.

Perhaps you could try to get the PCC and medicals done for your estranged spouse? Sometimes people do help even if the relationship has ended.

Reactions: starrylilac

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
if you have already filed for divorce,you should apply as separated. You will not provide any documentation foe the spouse except court proceedings until judgement.
you can apply.

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
If you are not far from finalizing your divorce, you can create a profile as a divorced applicant once the decree is awarded.

Perhaps you could try to get the PCC and medicals done for your estranged spouse? Sometimes people do help even if the relationship has ended.
Thanks. it is not that my spouse is unwilling to do. The problem is that my spouse cannot provide the demanded documents...

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
if you have already filed for divorce,you should apply as separated. You will not provide any documentation foe the spouse except court proceedings until judgement.
you can apply.
Thanks. No I haven't. Now, tt is a question of to be or not to be. I need to choose between the marriage and the immigration.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks. No I haven't. Now, tt is a question of to be or not to be. I need to choose between the marriage and the immigration.
i hope it doesn't sound as if i'm questioning your personal life but a few questions.
from what i understand here is that you're only planning on getting divorced if it stands in the way of immigration? when you say choose between marriage and immigration: so you are currently not separated nor divorced? if not, and you're only about to start the procedure, it may take a while to get the proper documentation needed by cic
why can't your spouse submit pcc and medicals? they're not hard documents to get and you said it's not she's unwilling to cooperate. so if your spouse submits them and then you can immigrate then file a divorce from there but i'm not clear on the exact procedure or whether it may cause issues
i'm also not sure if cic would find it suspicious that a divorce was filed right before the immigration process was started. (i've seen a few people comment that non accompanying spouse for reason of reducing points only can backfire) but again i'm not sure so better wait for seniors to comment.
sorry that i don't have much to offer but better clarify these points so we can have a better idea about the case.