+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanying Spouse with criminal record who is also a Canadian citizen on my PR application.

odododod33

Feb 6, 2020
I have just received my ITA for PR. Im a US citizen with Canadian work experience and Im married to a Canadian who has a criminal record. I understand that given the circumstances there is no way he can sponsor me, which is why I am applying for PR under Express Entry. We noticed that his section of the PR application also asks whether or not he has a criminal record. Obviously we will be answering this truthfully, however we are worried that this may affect the approval of my PR application as a whole...Can someone please provide clarity on this? I am applying legally on my own accord with my Canadian work experience, but Im worried that even through pathway I may still be rejected.

Whats the policy behind this? Will his application in any way affect mine? And what exactly is the purpose of his application when he is already a Canadian citizen?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I have just received my ITA for PR. Im a US citizen with Canadian work experience and Im married to a Canadian who has a criminal record. I understand that given the circumstances there is no way he can sponsor me, which is why I am applying for PR under Express Entry. We noticed that his section of the PR application also asks whether or not he has a criminal record. Obviously we will be answering this truthfully, however we are worried that this may affect the approval of my PR application as a whole...Can someone please provide clarity on this? I am applying legally on my own accord with my Canadian work experience, but Im worried that even through pathway I may still be rejected.

Whats the policy behind this? Will his application in any way affect mine? And what exactly is the purpose of his application when he is already a Canadian citizen?
This is somehow complex for bloggers to answer you rather follow up with an immigration lawyer.

Read below article hope it helps

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cicnews.com/2018/06/criminal-inadmissibility-and-canadas-express-entry-system-what-you-need-to-know-0610793.html/amp

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW

Consider hiring an immigration solicitor. Most of the forum members don't suggest this at the first place, today for the first time I got the chance to suggest someone to hire an Immigration solicitor. There are few or more obstacles that you'll come across in this application venture. : )