+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unaccompanying spouse, Divorce not yet filed

Sep 22, 2019
Hi
Me and Spouse are separated but not legally. I mentioned 'married' status and 'spouse unaccompanying' and have got ITA . We are now planning to take divorce and he won't provide his documents so what is the best way to state our relationship and proceed with ITA? i have 50 days left. Should I file Divorce asap? is filing of divorce sufficient to submit ITA and not have to provide spouse's documents?
Since we weren't legally separated and weren't sure of next steps, i had filled application with 'married' status. Can i continue with existing ITA or refill application with 'separated' status? What additional documentation will be needed in separated status?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Me and Spouse are separated but not legally. I mentioned 'married' status and 'spouse unaccompanying' and have got ITA . We are now planning to take divorce and he won't provide his documents so what is the best way to state our relationship and proceed with ITA? i have 50 days left. Should I file Divorce asap? is filing of divorce sufficient to submit ITA and not have to provide spouse's documents?
Since we weren't legally separated and weren't sure of next steps, i had filled application with 'married' status. Can i continue with existing ITA or refill application with 'separated' status? What additional documentation will be needed in separated status?
Canada has no legal separation process. As the marriage has ended and you are (I assume) living apart, you are considered legally separated.

Yes, file for divorce and include proof with your PR app. As you didn't claim points for your spouse, you can use this ITA.