Unknown
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2017
Hi everyone,

I received a request for a copy of my passport (identity page), two passport photos, and a copy of the letter CIC just sent to me. I've got a couple questions about what I need to do.

#1 - I'm from the UK, and I'm pretty sure that I don't have to submit my passport since the UK is a visa-exempt country (when I fly to Canada I just have to apply for an ETA usually). Am I correct?

#2 - My application in MyCIC doesn't allow me to add any more files. I've submitted a technical issue about this to CIC, but I want to know if this is normal/happened to anyone else?

#3 - I believe this is the last step before I get my CORP. Correct?

Thanks!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I received a request for a copy of my passport (identity page), two passport photos, and a copy of the letter CIC just sent to me. I've got a couple questions about what I need to do.

#1 - I'm from the UK, and I'm pretty sure that I don't have to submit my passport since the UK is a visa-exempt country (when I fly to Canada I just have to apply for an ETA usually). Am I correct?

#2 - My application in MyCIC doesn't allow me to add any more files. I've submitted a technical issue about this to CIC, but I want to know if this is normal/happened to anyone else?

#3 - I believe this is the last step before I get my CORP. Correct?

Thanks!
1. Correct. Just send them a photocopy of your passport open at the 'bio' page (i.e. the 'bio' and 'observations' pages)

2. MyCIC is notorious flaky. It is very common that people have reported not being able to upload (no upload created in their MyCIC account). Since they have asked for photos and of course you must snail-mail these in anyway, I would just send the whole lot as paper forms in one envelope. You could send them a 'case specific query' telling them it is all on the way if you like, but it will probably be ignored. No point in raising a technical issue, unless you enjoy banging your head on a brick wall!

3. Yes. You may also see on MyCIC 'Background check in progress' (or complete), you may then get a 'decision made'.

Reactions: racecar_is_racecar
Nov 21, 2017
Manchester, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Unknown
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2017
Med's Request
20-12-2017
1. Correct. Just send them a photocopy of your passport open at the 'bio' page (i.e. the 'bio' and 'observations' pages)

2. MyCIC is notorious flaky. It is very common that people have reported not being able to upload (no upload created in their MyCIC account). Since they have asked for photos and of course you must snail-mail these in anyway, I would just send the whole lot as paper forms in one envelope. You could send them a 'case specific query' telling them it is all on the way if you like, but it will probably be ignored. No point in raising a technical issue, unless you enjoy banging your head on a brick wall!

3. Yes. You may also see on MyCIC 'Background check in progress' (or complete), you may then get a 'decision made'.
That's great! I'll post off all my stuff tomorrow then. Thanks a lot for your help mate!