+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to update Mailing Address online

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Hi,

I am unable to update my mailing address online (ecas), it returns an error message "You must select the check box to remove consent"

If i select check box, then i wont be able to check application status online so it doesnt make any sense.

Anyone able to update address online by any chance ?

muppala

Oct 13, 2009
You might be hitting on wrong submit button. Click on continue button at the bottom of the page, not on submit button.

jaycrew

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
You can try the call centre and check online a few days later to ensure that it has been updated.

1-888-242-2100 Hit 1 then 2 then 4

aamer43

May 6, 2009
muppala said:
You might be hitting on wrong submit button. Click on continue button at the bottom of the page, not on submit button.
@muppala

Thank you so much, you were right :)

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ muppala

Thank you so much, you were right :)
I would still call the Call Centre to make sure your address was updated in their system. It has happened before that applicants updated their address online but somehow CIC did not have the new address and sent out the notifications to the old address.
By the way, even if you have mail forwarding service from Canada Post, they do not forward letters from the government (so your test and oath notification won't be forwarded).