+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to Submit Passport at the Visa Application Center in Dhaka, Bangladesh

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I live in Canada and recently applied for my mother's visitor visa from Bangladesh, IRCC approved the visa and asked to submit the passport in 30 days but we are not able to find any available date for passport submission at the VFS Dhaka office. Did anyone face the same problem? I have let the Singapore Embassy know through the IRCC web form and they asked me to ask for an extension of the deadline of passport submission but I am not sure how to do so.

aiqbal96

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-04-2020
Med's Done....
18-02-2020
Were you able to submit her passport? My wife is in the same situation. No appointments.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
No not yet, I emailed IRCC Singapore embassy they replied that this is a known issue for applicants in Bangladesh due to massive backlog and VFS will accept passport submission even after the 30 day deadline so the deadline is now 60 days from the day we received request for passport submission. VFS website is still showing no available date for passport submission but I try everyday.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
No not yet, I emailed IRCC Singapore embassy they replied that this is a known issue for applicants in Bangladesh due to massive backlog and VFS will accept passport submission even after the 30 day deadline so the deadline is now 60 days from the day we received request for passport submission. VFS website is still showing no available date for passport submission but I try everyday.
I applied for sister, she has been trying from the beginning of January, even went to VFS, they didn't let her in.
I emailed the vfs email as well as the vfs Singapore but no response. Her 30 days are coming to an end. Feeling desperate.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
I applied for sister, she has been trying from the beginning of January, even went to VFS, they didn't let her in.
I emailed the vfs email as well as the vfs Singapore but no response. Her 30 days are coming to an end. Feeling desperate.
The 30 days are over for my mother’s passport submission. VFS recently replied to my email saying they are giving all applicants another 30 to book biometric or appointment for passport submission so I am trying everyday on their website but it still says no slot applicable. It is really frustrating.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I am hearing from people in Dhaka that now there is a group of people that have created a syndicate with VFS global and they claim that they can get clients appointment with VFS for passport submission in exchange of money. This is very concerning news and I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about this? Have you heard heard any similar things?

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I am hearing from people in Dhaka that now there is a group of people that have created a syndicate with VFS global and they claim that they can get clients appointment with VFS for passport submission in exchange of money. This is very concerning news and I am wondering if anyone here knows anything about this? Have you heard heard any similar things?

ABDHAKA

Mar 16, 2024
I have exact same issue.
But recently I also came to know that few people are booking and selling it from 10k to 20k BDT per slot. For me even getting in touch with those people is difficult ...it looks like we don't have any option that paying.
One thing I heard is they open slots on Thursday, though I am not yet successful in getting a slot.

ABDHAKA

Mar 16, 2024
Today I managed to book an appointment, open slots were available around 4:30 pm. One thing I observed is the system allowed only one appointment per account.
And I had to create different accounts and book appointments for myself and my daughters. I suggest being on standby on Thursdays starting from 4:30 pm and trying to book.

Sangyukta

Dec 27, 2023
Today I managed to book an appointment, open slots were available around 4:30 pm. One thing I observed is the system allowed only one appointment per account.
And I had to create different accounts and book appointments for myself and my daughters. I suggest being on standby on Thursdays starting from 4:30 pm and trying to book.
This is great news! When you say 4:30 pm Thursday, is that Bangladesh time?