+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to submit online application for initial PR card. Cannot continue with Draft application. Save and Continue disabled on Page 2

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Unable to submit an online application for an initial PR card. Cannot continue with the Draft application. Save and Continue are disabled on Page 2. Screenshot attached.

Please confirm if anyone else is facing the same issue and what is the resolution. Should I raise a web form?

I was seeing some notifications on the cic webpage that IRCC is planning to come up with a new PR card application format.

Screenshot of online application with the issue
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wV4pqYUYIPNGiDIpC7tMXujK8A0Lw7kG/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Comments from anyone?
I have tried in different browsers like Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. Still the same issue. What should I do? I have raised a web-form on technical difficulties.
Should I create an account with a different email and submit a fresh application?

istanbizmir

Dec 28, 2017
Unable to submit an online application for an initial PR card. Cannot continue with the Draft application. Save and Continue are disabled on Page 2. Screenshot attached.

Please confirm if anyone else is facing the same issue and what is the resolution. Should I raise a web form?

I was seeing some notifications on the cic webpage that IRCC is planning to come up with a new PR card application format.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wV4pqYUYIPNGiDIpC7tMXujK8A0Lw7kG/view?usp=sharing
any idea please @armoured

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. You don't apply for your initial PR card, it is processed
2. If you had checked the CIC web page you would have found the following

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?
No, we will mail your permanent resident (PR) card to you when you arrive in Canada.
If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, use our online address notification tool to send it to us. You must provide your address within 180 days of the day you become a permanent resident. If you do not send it within 180 days, we will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.
Check current processing times to see how long you will have to wait to get your new card. Please tell us if you did not get your PR card within the processing times.

Reactions: YVR123

istanbizmir

Dec 28, 2017
Hi

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?
No, we will mail your permanent resident (PR) card to you when you arrive in Canada.
If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, use our online address notification tool to send it to us. You must provide your address within 180 days of the day you become a permanent resident. If you do not send it within 180 days, we will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.
Check current processing times to see how long you will have to wait to get your new card. Please tell us if you did not get your PR card within the processing times.
Thanks PMM. Maybe it is his situation.

I have the same issue but this is only my renewel PR request online.

lukeortolani

Apr 5, 2019
Toronto
Hi

I think it's different for those who are in-land. I used the non-express PNP application on the portal and got this letter:

Your application for permanent residence has been approved. The final step in processing your application is to confirm your permanent residence and create your permanent resident card. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).

I am also having the same problem with my application for a new PR card not saving.

king_kay

Nov 9, 2022
What did you end up doing?
I recently struggled BADLY with my own application.

First of all, I had the same issue - I couldn't continue from page 2. What I realised was the cause of that was that there were dashes (-) in one of the phone numbers I had filled out on page 2. So you should go over every field in that page 2 form and ensure you have entered data of the correct type. Phone numbers fields should contain be only numbers, for example.

The other problem I had was at page 5 when I couldn't save changes to the form after entering the reason why I was out of Canada. After a lot of struggling and fiddling with the form, I realised the reason field ("If Other...") has a maximum length it will accept, though this is not shown in the form or in the error message you see. My 103-character reason wasn't accepted. My 76-character reason was accepted.

It's really horrible that this portal shows basically no error messages, so it's hard for us to tell what we need to change. But go through everything on any page where you have issues, and make sure all the data is of the right time, and is not too long. That should work for you. If it still doesn't, let us know and maybe we'll be able to find something else that will work.

Please write back if this helps and you eventually submit it.