+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to prove relationship with Canadian uncle

imonochan

Jun 2, 2017
Hey everybody!

Hope you're all doing great. I'm a Pakistani living in Dubai and I applied about a week ago under Express Entry (skilled worker). I had a score of 474 and got an ITA in just five days which was great. HOWEVER, in my EE application, I mentioned that I have a relative in Canada. My paternal uncle's been there for decades.

Maybe I should have looked into how I'll have to prove this because my pre-partition India-born father does not have a birth certificate, and I require a LOT of documents (passport pages, PR card scans, apparently tax returns or banks statements too if possible, and utility bills) from my uncle. I could probably arrange for the latter, but it's no use if I cannot prove that we are related.

Any advice on what I can do now? Should I remove the bit where I mention I have a relative there from my application entirely? I don't even know how many points this will cost me, and whether it'll create huge issues because I did, after all, get an ITA due to my answers in my EE profile. From what I've read on the topic, I can't use their passports to show they have the same father. Super worried.

Thanks a bunch in advance for any advice you have to offer!
Good luck to everyone reading this.

- Imonochan

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Removing him won't cost you any CRS points but it will deduct 5 points under the six selection factors to be eligible under the FSW program (67/100)

If you're still above 67 points after removing him then do so and explain your situation.

Reactions: imonochan

imonochan

Jun 2, 2017
Removing him won't cost you any CRS points but it will deduct 5 points under the six selection factors to be eligible under the FSW program (67/100)

If you're still above 67 points after removing him then do so and explain your situation.
Thanks! I've read this a few times but I don't know where I can see how many points I have out of 100. I looked at my CRS results but couldn't find a category. Can you let me know how I can view it? My EE application is locked and I only have access to my PR application now. Thanks!

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks again! It looks like I'm getting 68 points (without a relative) which is too low to risk it, considering I've manually calculated this.
What did you do finally? I am also having difficulty proving my relationship with my uncle and wondering what my options are. Please let me know

imonochan

Jun 2, 2017
What did you do finally? I am also having difficulty proving my relationship with my uncle and wondering what my options are. Please let me know
Hi Lilybell! I kept him in my application and got my PPR on the 22nd of November. My uncle and my dad, both didn't have a birth certificate, so I used copies of their passports which showed a common parent. It worked for me at least. Let me know if you need more help.

lilybell

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi Lilybell! I kept him in my application and got my PPR on the 22nd of November. My uncle and my dad, both didn't have a birth certificate, so I used copies of their passports which showed a common parent. It worked for me at least. Let me know if you need more help.
Congratulations imonochan!! My uncle has a Canadian passport and so his parents names are no on it. I only have his Baptism certificate and Marriage Certificate (both church issued) and I'm not sure if those documents will be accepted. I can show my mom's passport. Also is it enough if I show one common parent, my mom's mother's name is spelled wrong on her passport? I appreciate any input you have!

obano

Apr 20, 2018
Dear all
I wanna apply for EE. I have relatives in Canada BUT I have no contacts with them, so I’m not able to proof the relationship with them. What should I do?
Shoulds I say that I have no relatives in Canada or what????

gururaj_haval

May 20, 2018
Hi, i got an ITA, however in the EE application i have mentioned relationship in Canada by selecting uncle. but now for me very difficult to get the document which shows reflects our relationship, because he is my grandfather brother son. in the ITA, if i remove the relationship it does not changing the point. so shall i remove the relationship and submit the application and i need to mentioned in letter of explanation or not necessary.

Please advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i got an ITA, however in the EE application i have mentioned relationship in Canada by selecting uncle. but now for me very difficult to get the document which shows reflects our relationship, because he is my grandfather brother son. in the ITA, if i remove the relationship it does not changing the point. so shall i remove the relationship and submit the application and i need to mentioned in letter of explanation or not necessary.

Please advice.
He's not your uncle. An uncle is someone who is a brother to either your mother or father.

gururaj_haval

May 20, 2018
now what should i do, just i need to remove this from the relationship so i no need to upload the document and mentioned in explanation letter or shall i just remove without explaining in letter since i do not calming any points.