+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to process PCC for Spouse from India

SwathiSuresh

Mar 17, 2016
Hi All,

If anyone who has sponsored their spouse's visa, or has any knowledge about the process, please help!!

I hold a PR status in Canada. I recently got married to my partner back in India and now we're preparing for his sponsorship.
We need to submit his PCC along with his application. But, the officers in passport seva have put his PCC application on hold saying they cannot issue PCC without any letter from canada. They refuse to give any more explanation on what exactly they're expecting.

When I applied for my PR as an individual, I had the letter of invitation from Canadian govt. But for spouse sponsorship, there's no letter of invitation or anything. We asked if I, the person living in Canada can send a sponsorship letter, And they replied saying they need a letter from Canadian domain.
They're not being clear on what sort of letter is acceptable.

If anyone has faced similar situation or know anyone who recently sponsored their spouse, please suggest with how to proceed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

riyaeliza

Nov 2, 2019
Dubai,UAE
Category........
FAM
Hi,
You could try getting a print of your checklist specifying the area where Indian PCC is required (i believe page 7 or 8) and approach them again. I had to provide it here ( im a resident in dubai, hence i need both UAE PCC and Indian PCC), so i printed out the entire checklist and explained it in the PCC request letter as well.
Hope it works for you too.
Ciao

SwathiSuresh

Mar 17, 2016
@riyaeliza Thank you! But, unfortunately that did not work for us as the officer didn't even bother to hear us out.. she was very firm in asking for the letter from Canadian government. Looking for what else can be done now.

kiran251

Mar 11, 2019
Hi All,

If anyone who has sponsored their spouse's visa, or has any knowledge about the process, please help!!

I hold a PR status in Canada. I recently got married to my partner back in India and now we're preparing for his sponsorship.
We need to submit his PCC along with his application. But, the officers in passport seva have put his PCC application on hold saying they cannot issue PCC without any letter from canada. They refuse to give any more explanation on what exactly they're expecting.

When I applied for my PR as an individual, I had the letter of invitation from Canadian govt. But for spouse sponsorship, there's no letter of invitation or anything. We asked if I, the person living in Canada can send a sponsorship letter, And they replied saying they need a letter from Canadian domain.
They're not being clear on what sort of letter is acceptable.

If anyone has faced similar situation or know anyone who recently sponsored their spouse, please suggest with how to proceed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Hello SwathiSuresh, I am facing the same issue. what did you end up doing for your partner PR sponsorship? My wife went to the PSK for PCC and they were asking for some letter from the sponsor(me). Could you please let me know what you did to get the PCC for your partner. Thanks!!