+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to pay credit card bill of 1300 CAD

abdul647

Jul 27, 2019
Hello fellow members, I'm planning on leaving Canada for good since I've got personal commitments at home. I've paid off all my debt except for the sum of 1300 CAD which I owe to a bank. I'm financially drained and I used a part of that amount to book my flight tickets. I'm fully spent and can't afford to pay back the 1300 CAD any time in the near future ( at least the next 4-5 years). Will I be in trouble in my home country because the canadian bank will send out people in search of me and will it be a problem If i come to this country in like this decade(because i still have family here in Ontario, Canada).

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello fellow members, I'm planning on leaving Canada for good since I've got personal commitments at home. I've paid off all my debt except for the sum of 1300 CAD which I owe to a bank. I'm financially drained and I used a part of that amount to book my flight tickets. I'm fully spent and can't afford to pay back the 1300 CAD any time in the near future ( at least the next 4-5 years). Will I be in trouble in my home country because the canadian bank will send out people in search of me and will it be a problem If i come to this country in like this decade(because i still have family here in Ontario, Canada).
This Amount will just have a-lot of interest accumulated on it until 3 Months in arrears then the bank will charge off the account as bad debt and send the account to a collection agency will will Ruin your credit in Canada.

Since you have family here why don't you send money for them to pay the balance pay what you can until it has been paid in full. also Collectors ( Since i work as one b4 are ruitless and we have systems that can find your family and call them until they get annoyed even when they tell us you are out of the country)

No Bank will send anyone after you for $1,300.00.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Just because you’re moving doesn’t absolve you of the debt you incurred. What’s stopping you from doing online payments when you get back to your country or sending bank drafts to your family here to take to the bank when you’re financially stable again ? Nothing
You’re taking the easy way out, and you want people to say it’s ok

Last edited: