+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to obtain police clearance certificate

Sruti

Jan 13, 2018
I do not have a criminal record but I have been unable to obtain a police clearance certificate for China. I am thinking of submitting an affidavit as well as emails to back up the reason. It's really difficult to obtain one as they do not have a proper government system to deal with queries or submit an application. Has anyone had this sort of issue before and how did you or can you handle it?

Sruti

Jan 13, 2018
I do not have a criminal record but I have been unable to obtain a police clearance certificate for China. I am thinking of submitting an affidavit as well as emails to back up the reason. It's really difficult to obtain one as they do not have a proper government system to deal with queries or submit an application. Has anyone had this sort of issue before and how did you or can you handle it?
Hi, i am unable to get cjina pcc for frist 3
Did u submited u r application? If so what is the status.

Sruti

Jan 13, 2018
I also couldn't get PCC from China and included a detailed letter of explanation with my application. I'm 7th April AOR and passed medical on July 28th. Since then, I'm at IP1 and Background check status saying we are processing your application, we will send you a message when we start your BG check. I hope they must be doing some verification with Chinese authorities regarding my criminality checks.
Hi,
I am also inthe same situation. Not able to get china pcc first 3months of my total stay(9months). Can u please Loe for my reference please.

Sruti

Jan 13, 2018
Hi, ALTaylor! I'm writing to say that there is a definite chance to get a PR with incomplete PCC from China, since I just got my PR this morning! Yes!!! I had a PCC for my period of studying, and couldn't provide PCC for all visits to China on F and L visas (multiple), including staying in Guangzhou for 2 and 3 months. My LoE was accepted. I attached mails to/from agents to LoE, showing its impossible to arrange PCC for F and L visas. So, good luck! We can do it!
Case processed by Ottawa, not by my local VO.
My timeline: May 10 - AOR;
June 23 - medical passed, BC changed to: you application is in progress.
July 23 - BC changed to: we're prosessing your background check.
Aug 10 - emailed CIC to inquire which VO is processing my case.
Aug 15 - got reply saying: your application has been approved and is being processed as per our regulatory timeline.
Aug 17 - PPR!
Hi,
i am not able to get Hangzou(China) PCC can please share LOE for reference please.

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hi, sorry, cannot share LoE as it contains too much personal info. I wrote it basing on my situation. No specific format. I explained when and why I was in China, and why I couldn't get a PCC, i.e. they do not provide it to L and F visas.
I attached emails to and from agents, who tried to help me with PCC. It clearly showed it's impossible even if I hired them and paid for it. I also added link from US Gov website, where they advise you cannot get PCC for certain types of visa. I don't have link now, but if you search my posts you will find it. I shared if couple of times. Do not worry. Just make sure your explanation is full and sincere, and proves you made your best to obtain a PCC. CIC sure knows what and what not people can get in China, and in my opinion just tries to see if you are sincere enough or trying to hide anything.

ennaroe23

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
Hi! I have similar problem. Stayed in China as student and travelled a lot on business (F) or tourist (L) visa later. Unfortunately, you can get PCC for time spent there as resident (student, work) only. But not for F and L visas. I obtained PCC for my study period, used an agent to do so. Costs money, but I'm not in China now, so it was the only solution. Some guys on this forum mentioned having same problem. Some got PCC for study and work time, the rest they covered by LoE. One guy claimed to get his PR already :) I advise you to at least try getting a PCC, even if you cannot do it for the whole period, and then provide evidence showing you tried communicating with local police ect (like emails) or agents.
Hi can I have your agent's. Email add ? I need a PCC in China. Ty