+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to get PCC from Beijing, China

Ily08

Mar 3, 2023
Hi everyone, I’m facing a huge problem:

I studied in China for almost 3 years in two different cities : Beijing and Xuzhou. In China, every city provides its own PCC.

I was able to get PCC for Xuzhou with the help of a friend but I’m unable to provide PCC for Beijing because they need my original passport in order to get it, and my country won’t allow me to send it via mail. I tried to reach out to DHL and FedEx and they said that even if they try to send my passport, it will be stuck in customs. When I tried reaching out to the right authorities, they couldn’t help either. No permission was given to me to be able to send my passport.

Would the fact of not providing Beijing PCC affect my Express Entry application even if I write a letter of explanation?

LMS77

Sep 14, 2020

I studied in China for almost 3 years in two different cities : Beijing and Xuzhou. In China, every city provides its own PCC.

I was able to get PCC for Xuzhou with the help of a friend but I’m unable to provide PCC for Beijing because they need my original passport in order to get it, and my country won’t allow me to send it via mail. I tried to reach out to DHL and FedEx and they said that even if they try to send my passport, it will be stuck in customs. When I tried reaching out to the right authorities, they couldn’t help either. No permission was given to me to be able to send my passport.

Would the fact of not providing Beijing PCC affect my Express Entry application even if I write a letter of explanation?
For me, when the CEC invitation was received, I submitted the application without PCC and wrote a letter to explain it. After two weeks, I uploaded the PCC through webform, and now it shows that the criminality is passed. Anyway, I think PCC is necessary when applying CEC.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022

I just googled and found this https://www.chinapoliceclearance.com/ may be you can give it a try. If all else fails, I guess LOE along with the official requirements for Beijing PCC are mentioned and your country's law which prevents you from sending your passport via mail/courier should help. If i were in your situation that is what i would have done

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021

Send passport, get certificate and once you got the certificate - if you can't get the passport back from China due to customs - apply for another passport. Some countries allow having multiple valid passports at the same time, so you can even have valid passport while doing all this with China.

Normally you just need to do this procedure through Chinese Embassy in your country of residence. Otherwise check websites of companies who would wish to do it for you based on power of attorney. No, you can not fly to China and go back - your PCC needs to cover your full stay in China, including the day you left it - you can not overstay the dates covered by PCC.