+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to get all of my employment references.

Marlie11

Dec 1, 2016
Evening, my wife and I have received our ITA.
One of my previous employers has since gone out of business, so i cannot get a reference from them.
My wife is the main applicant as she has already secured employment etc and im on the application as her spouse is there a way around me not having the letter? I do have other references from employers before and after the missing one.

Any help is appreciated.

N

newtoexpressentry

Marlie11 said:
One of my previous employers has since gone out of business, so i cannot get a reference from them.
My wife is the main applicant as she has already secured employment etc and im on the application as her spouse is there a way around me not having the letter? I do have other references from employers before and after the missing one.

Any help is appreciated.
first question did u /ur wife already get an ITA if not remove jobs for which u dont get reference letters from ur work history in EE profile

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marlie11 said:

Any help is appreciated.
Are you gaining any points for your employment? If no, remove from your work history and list only in your personal history.

Otherwise, if you are claiming points, do you have you job offer letter or any other employment information related to that company (payslips, statements etc)? This combined with and LOE and proof that a) the company did exist, and b) it no longer is in operation should cover you. If possible a statement from an old co-worker would help too.

Marlie11

Dec 1, 2016
newtoexpressentry said:
first question did u /ur wife already get an ITA if not remove jobs for which u dont get reference letters from ur work history in EE profile
Yes my wife has recieved the ITA already.

Marlie11

Dec 1, 2016
ozlis said:
Are you gaining any points for your employment? If no, remove from your work history and list only in your personal history.

Otherwise, if you are claiming points, do you have you job offer letter or any other employment information related to that company (payslips, statements etc)? This combined with and LOE and proof that a) the company did exist, and b) it no longer is in operation should cover you. If possible a statement from an old co-worker would help too.
The company was a pretty high profile case when it failed in 2010, there are many news reports on it, its still on the bbc website etc. woulfd copies of that page help?

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marlie11 said:
The company was a pretty high profile case when it failed in 2010, there are many news reports on it, its still on the bbc website etc. would copies of that page help?
Have you confirmed that this is gaining you points in the system?

You would need more official documentation than the BBC. You need to first prove your employment there as thoroughly as you can and then prove the reason you can't get the letter is that the company is no longer.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Remove any Work references for which you are not claiming points and rest can go to personal history. If you are claiming for a company which is no more then follow what ozlis already clarified.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Marlie11 said:
Canadian or foreign employer?

If foreign, you get no points, so simply upload a brief letter of explanation. This will have no impact on your application.

If Canadian, and you received points - there are other ways to document the experience, if you actually need the points (e.g. the points make the difference between qualifying for the ITA, or not).

Marlie11

Dec 1, 2016
Its foreign, I have managed to track down my supervisor and he has wrote a letter explaining what happened to the company and that he was my supervisor out lining my job title and job responsibilities etc with his contact details. I have also included the liquidation details from the company< my P60 to prove that i worked there aswell. So that should cover it. Thankyou.