+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to add all addresses in the personal history for PR renewal

savik

Jan 29, 2018
Hi all
I’m filling out my application for PR renewal. I have met the residency obligation of 730 days. However I have traveled multiple times in the last 4+ years (mostly short vacations). When I’m trying to add my previous addresses I’m unable to add more than 6-7 entries. Did anyone have this problem? If yes how did you fill your application? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Typically, you add an addendum (separate sheet that you create) showing the additional information. If you are submitting a a paper application, just include it with the application. If applying online, you should be able to upload it.

Also, have you seen the recent change (a couple of weeks ago) that now requires all applicants for a renewed PR Card to provide evidence of residency within the last 5 years? Previously only those that had spent 1095 days or more outside of Canada needed to do this.

savik

Jan 29, 2018
Typically, you add an addendum (separate sheet that you create) showing the additional information. If you are submitting a a paper application, just include it with the application. If applying online, you should be able to upload it.

Also, have you seen the recent change (a couple of weeks ago) that now requires all applicants for a renewed PR Card to provide evidence of residency within the last 5 years? Previously only those that had spent 1095 days or more outside of Canada needed to do this.
Thanks for your advice
Yes I did see that we have to provide evidence of residency. I have notice of assessment for the last 5 years ( was a temporary resident before I became PR). I’m a homemaker and I do not have pay stubs or other documents mentioned. I did receive the benefits from CRA. But not sure how to provide evidence of that. Any advice??
thank you in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your advice
Yes I did see that we have to provide evidence of residency. I have notice of assessment for the last 5 years ( was a temporary resident before I became PR). I’m a homemaker and I do not have pay stubs or other documents mentioned. I did receive the benefits from CRA. But not sure how to provide evidence of that. Any advice??
thank you in advance
Appendix A shows a few options, but I would suggest that you provide `active' evidence, versus passive evidence. I bank statement that shows in-person activity in your town (ATM activity, local merchants/restaurants activity) is far more `evidence' than a monthly subscription or an online purchase. You only need a minimum of 2 pieces, so a NOA (from AFTER you became a PR) and a bank statement should suffice. I suspect that, although not solid evidence of meeting the Residency Requirement in and of it self, the CBSA entry data all but satisfies IRCC most of the time.

Last edited: