+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UN-EMPLOYED- Sponsorship Evaluation - IMM 5481

santor

Jun 3, 2016
Hello All,
My wife is a PR (Moved to Canada 3 weeks back) - UNEMPLOYED! She is sponsoring her minor child, who is also in Canada in TRV/Study Permit. Child started school and We are ready to initiate a PR application for the Minor child - and since the mother of the child is UNEMPLOYED, how does it affect our sponsorship application? I am employed but I am not a biological father.
Also - in Column C - "Your Net Persona Income" - What should I put? since it has been only 3 weeks?
Please advise.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
I believe income is not an issue when it comes to sponsoring spouse or dependents.
If your wife have no job just put zero on the net income.
I would include letter just saying you(husband) will pay for everything and your wife just arrived in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe income is not an issue when it comes to sponsoring spouse or dependents.
If your wife have no job just put zero on the net income.
I would include letter just saying you(husband) will pay for everything and your wife just arrived in Canada.
You do have to show that you can care for your family without government help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
My wife is a PR (Moved to Canada 3 weeks back) - UNEMPLOYED! She is sponsoring her minor child, who is also in Canada in TRV/Study Permit. Child started school and We are ready to initiate a PR application for the Minor child - and since the mother of the child is UNEMPLOYED, how does it affect our sponsorship application? I am employed but I am not a biological father.
Also - in Column C - "Your Net Persona Income" - What should I put? since it has been only 3 weeks?
Please advise.
Your should apply and update her file when she starts working. She can include her husband’s financial information as additional information.

tpipaliy

Sep 26, 2023
Hello All,
I have applied spousal sponsorship application for my wife. My travel history in the form IMM 5562 is absent, and I realized that after I submitted the application.
Can I withdraw my application and reapply again?
Thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello All,
I have applied spousal sponsorship application for my wife. My travel history in the form IMM 5562 is absent, and I realized that after I submitted the application.
Can I withdraw my application and reapply again?
Thanks
Don`t post in unrelated thread.
Are you the sponsor? Only those being sponsored (pa+dependent) must fill-out the travel history if required for their country of origin.