+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ukrainian Immigration to Canada

Mar 13, 2022
Hi to all the readers. I am Ukrainian and I have to immigrate to another country, however there is only one place where I can get an apartment. It is Canada, Toronto. As I said, I have no problems with place of living, nevertheless one important thing is bothering me. It is an Educational question. In my country, I've finished last grade in my hight school, however I am still 16, therefore I can go to the same grade again. Is there any possibilities to enrol in some school? Is there any benefits for Ukrainians who escaped from the war? Is there any ways to enrol in school without spending money for the Education? Or, at least, make price lower.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi to all the readers. I am Ukrainian and I have to immigrate to another country, however there is only one place where I can get an apartment. It is Canada, Toronto. As I said, I have no problems with place of living, nevertheless one important thing is bothering me. It is an Educational question. In my country, I've finished last grade in my hight school, however I am still 16, therefore I can go to the same grade again. Is there any possibilities to enrol in some school? Is there any benefits for Ukrainians who escaped from the war? Is there any ways to enrol in school without spending money for the Education? Or, at least, make price lower.
Do you have a visa to enter Canada. Are you coming with an adult?

Mar 13, 2022
Do you have a visa to enter Canada. Are you coming with an adult?
I think that I can come as a refugee, then become a resident, can't I?
But I also don't mind getting visa, however I think there are only three types of it: Visa for working, For tourism and For education. As a result, Educational one will be the most preferable for me, however I need some documents from the place, where I plan to study and... Unfortunately, I probably can't get them just right now in Ukraine.
Yes, I'm coming with an adult.

To sum up, Canada is the only one place, where I can get help, however due to the war there is no time to wait months in Ukraine to get some documents. Can I just buy a ticket and get to Canada? Then, when I will arrive I will apply for a refugee status or ask for a visa. Is it possible?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think that I can come as a refugee, then become a resident, can't I?
But I also don't mind getting visa, however I think there are only three types of it: Visa for working, For tourism and For education. As a result, Educational one will be the most preferable for me, however I need some documents from the place, where I plan to study and... Unfortunately, I probably can't get them just right now in Ukraine.
Yes, I'm coming with an adult.

To sum up, Canada is the only one place, where I can get help, however due to the war there is no time to wait months in Ukraine to get some documents. Can I just buy a ticket and get to Canada? Then, when I will arrive I will apply for a refugee status or ask for a visa. Is it possible?
You need a visa to enter Canada. You can't just board a plane. Do you have frinds or family that are aviting you to come to Canada?

Mar 13, 2022
You need a visa to enter Canada. You can't jist board a plane.
Can I come as a refugee? if the answer is negative, may you advice me how to get visa?
And let's imagine that the problem is solved. Can you give me advice with my main questions about Education?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can I come as a refugee? if the answer is negative, may you advice me how to get visa?
And let's imagine that the problem is solved. Can you give me advice with my main questions about Education?
You need a TRV in order to travel to Canada. You cannot travel directly as a refugee. You would need to travel to Canada first on a TRV and then apply for refugee status once you are here. Canada has indicated that an emergency travel authorization is supposed to become available for those from Ukraine. However no details on that have been made available yet so for now you would need to get the TRV if you want to come here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

If you want to study once you are here, then you would need to apply for a study permit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You need a TRV in order to travel to Canada. You cannot travel directly as a refugee. You would need to travel to Canada first on a TRV and then apply for refugee status once you are here. Canada has indicated that an emergency travel authorization is supposed to become available for those from Ukraine. However no details on that have been made available yet so for now you would need to get the TRV if you want to come here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

If you want to study once you are here, then you would need to apply for a study permit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit.html
The internet is full of hype and anticipation of the rumored start of Emergency Visa for Ukrainians valid for up to 2 years with possibility of work and study permit, where all they would need is to give biometrics and pass a security screening, no fees.
This date is March 17th, 2022.....2 days from now.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The internet is full of hype and anticipation of the rumored start of Emergency Visa for Ukrainians valid for up to 2 years with possibility of work and study permit, where all they would need is to give biometrics and pass a security screening, no fees.
Thanks for that. I am signed up for the notifications and have been watching for information to share with impacted people I know. Hopefully something will be posted soon.

Reactions: Phalos
Mar 13, 2022

Thank you very much, guys for your help! Your's advices are very useful. May I ask you another question about Education? For example, Canada will provide The Emergency Visa for Ukrainians program and I will get there without any troubles, however I am still worried that I won't be able to pay a lot of tuition, even in the last hight-school grade. Is there any ways to enrol in school for Ukrainians that have a small budget? If not, is there any opportunities to study either for free or a discount? (In General)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much, guys for your help! Your's advices are very useful. May I ask you another question about Education? For example, Canada will provide The Emergency Visa for Ukrainians program and I will get there without any troubles, however I am still worried that I won't be able to pay a lot of tuition, even in the last hight-school grade. Is there any ways to enrol in school for Ukrainians that have a small budget? If not, is there any opportunities to study either for free or a discount? (In General)
High school will be free for children of parents on a work permit in Canada. Canada is giving all Ukranians access to a WP. University and colleges would require a study permit and you'd be required to pay international fees so many will have to delay postsecondary education and work to support themselves for now.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This information isn't available yet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have friends or family in Canada? You are talking about a limitted budget so Toronto and flying to Canada may not be the best option for you. Post-secondary Education is also free in some European countries which is not the case in Canada. Although Canada has said thet will welcome unlimited Ukranian refugees the realities of these programs are often very different and finding an affordable apartment in Toronto especially if you have limitted savings is very difficult. There may be a requirement to have friends and family to support your transition in Canada to get a travel visa, you may need to show that you have funds to support your move to Canada or a skillset that will make it very easy for you to transition into work in Canada, etc. We will have to wait and see but there was a clear emphasis on allowing people to get a WP on arrival to eventually qualify for residency which is not a typical refugee program.

Mar 13, 2022
Do you have friends or family in Canada? You are talking about a limitted budget so Toronto and flying to Canada may not be the best option for you. Post-secondary Education is also free in some European countries which is not the case in Canada. Although Canada has said thet will welcome unlimited Ukranian refugees the realities of these programs are often very different and finding an affordable apartment in Toronto especially if you have limitted savings is very difficult. There may be a requirement to have friends and family to support your transition in Canada to get a travel visa, you may need to show that you have funds to support your move to Canada or a skillset that will make it very easy for you to transition into work in Canada, etc. We will have to wait and see but there was a clear emphasis on allowing people to get a WP on arrival to eventually qualify for residency which is not a typical refugee program.
Yes, I have friends there. As I said, they can give me all that I need for living, however it is only problem with education.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I have friends there. As I said, they can give me all that I need for living, however it is only problem with education.
Information has now been provided for those wanting to come to Canada from Ukraine. You’ll need to apply for a study permit to attend post-secondary education and pay international student fees.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
High school will be free.

Post secondary school (university / college) has fees.