+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UKRAINE 2022 OWP – processing time (Inland / CUAET)

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello everyone, hoping this thread would be of use to Ukrainians who applied through the priority processing.

First of all, I wish everyone to be safe and to find accommodation in need for Canada, wherever your province of destination is. I am already in Canada and currently applied to the OWP through the Public policy for inland applicants, but most of my friends applied to CUAET from Ukraine and were wondering what is the processing time from the moment you passed the biometrics.

Hope we will help each other out by sharing some timelines since IRCC on the phone doesn't say much except for the "priority processing". Слава Україні! And let all of our families and friends remain safe.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Upd: when you apply you are allowed to work full time no matter which permit you currently have. However you probably should call crisis line because there is a chance your files might not be automatically marked as a priority / urgent processing ones

Rododark

Jun 15, 2022
Hello sir

We are a family of 04 Ukrainians in Peru, we came on vacation and after the war we could not return to Ukraine, when we found out about the CUAET we applied and after a month they gave us the stamped TRV, we have seen that some people from the community here, who also applied, they have the POE letter, however we have not received that letter, and we have already bought the tickets, I am also investigating and I understand that a medical exam is needed to go to Canada, does anyone know what medical exam is needed, you should then be translated into English at the time of presentation to the CBSA officers? In the same way, without the POE or LOI, do they give me a work permit? I have sent an email to Immigration in Lima but I have not received an answer. Thank you very much and blessings

tinpham

Jun 16, 2022
Hello everyone, I applied for CUAET visa for Ukrainians ( I heard that the visa allows Ukrainian citizens to work in Canada for up to 3 years along with visitors visa). I received my passport with a visitor visa, however when I was filling the application, I specified and answered yes on the question if I want to work in Canada which it said that I'm also applying for work permit. My question is: will I get an open work permit at the point of entry at the airport? Because I didn't receive Letter of introduction to get work permit. My other Ukrainian friends got the letter except me. So I need to apply for open work permit separately?

CanadaSimple

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I applied for CUAET visa for Ukrainians ( I heard that the visa allows Ukrainian citizens to work in Canada for up to 3 years along with visitors visa). I received my passport with a visitor visa, however when I was filling the application, I specified and answered yes on the question if I want to work in Canada which it said that I'm also applying for work permit. My question is: will I get an open work permit at the point of entry at the airport? Because I didn't receive Letter of introduction to get work permit. My other Ukrainian friends got the letter except me. So I need to apply for open work permit separately?
You have to look at your visa. If there is something like "Worker" or "W-1" written, it means that you enter Canda as a worker and should get a work permit upon entry