+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK visa (vignette) transfer to RTD

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi,

I have valid 05 years UK visit visa at my national passport, (passport is wit CBSA) can I transfer to RTD
If anyone has done this before please advise me

Roy

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Passport and RTD is not same passport represent your nationality whereas RTD represent you as stateless refugee ! So far I know you can’t transfer visa from Passport to RTD . But yes passport to passport is ok ... even many country such as USA visa is good to travel even if passport book is expire subject to you have another passport attached on top of that ...

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Passport and RTD is not same passport represent your nationality whereas RTD represent you as stateless refugee ! So far I know you can’t transfer visa from Passport to RTD . But yes passport to passport is ok ... even many country such as USA visa is good to travel even if passport book is expire subject to you have another passport attached on top of that ...
Absolutely correct, My US visa was on my first passport while I had two Passports renewed after that but used the same Visa.

Reactions: saidur

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Yes my passport is with CBSA, I provided them notice of se
My friend this one is for the Passport of the same country, if your Passport expires and visa is still valid, but RTD is a different Passport, did you Transferred your Visa from your home country's Passport to RTD ?
My passport is With CBSA, I submitted NOD, valid UK visa copy and notice of seizure of passport, paid
My friend this one is for the Passport of the same country, if your Passport expires and visa is still valid, but RTD is a different Passport, did you Transferred your Visa from your home country's Passport to RTD ?
My passport is With CBSA, I submitted NOD, valid UK visa copy and notice of seizure of passport, paid 209USD, got visa in 15 days, same expiry of original VISA

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
We need to explain where is ur passport and why we want to transfer VISA to RTD

(((
For transfers, the visa vignette in the expired passport must be presented, unless the applicant can demonstrate that the expired passport has been retained by the issuing authority. If the leave is being transferred, the old visa should be cancelled without prejudice by placing 2 diagonal lines through it (to prevent any misuse). Case notes must be updated to indicate that the remaining validity of the leave has been transferred to passport number xxxxx.))

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
USA visa is not transfer available to other visa or RTD , only UK has transfer option.

Roy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Absolutely correct, My US visa was on my first passport while I had two Passports renewed after that but used the same Visa.
A visa never guarantees you entry into the country. Would make sure you are in a very stable position with stable job, proof of lease or home ownership in Canada, decent savings, return ticket, etc. before attempting to travel to the UK.