+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK transit visa - Urgent

Sep282012

Jun 7, 2013
Hi Guys,

I would be travelling to India via UK, do I need a UK transit visa

I don't have PR card but have COPR and PR Immigrant stamp on my passport. I know that if you have a PR card you don't need a transit visa, but my case is a bit different. Secondly I yet did not activate my PR. Planning to activate my PR after I return from India.

Appreciate urgent advise on this topic

Thanks
PR Canada

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
You dont need one if you have a valid re-entry visa to Canada, USA, Australia and NZ, also you should be travelling from one of these countries to India.

Sep282012

Jun 7, 2013
Thanks ghatot201,

I don't have a visa to re-enter Canada, only the Immigrant visa that is stamped on the passport when the PR approveed. Will that do?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sep282012 said:
Thanks ghatot201,

I don't have a visa to re-enter Canada, only the Immigrant visa that is stamped on the passport when the PR approveed. Will that do?
You don't need a transit visa for UK..don't worry...

Transit visa Not required...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/transitthroughtheuk/visa-transit-airside/

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
Cool a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
9) a valid UK residence card; or
10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government; or
11) a diplomatic or service passport issued by the People's Republic of China; or
12) a diplomatic or official passport issued by India; or
13) a diplomatic or official passport issued by Vietnam.

A valid US immigrant visa packet (form 155A/155B) is a 'valid visa' for these purposes, but the following documents are not valid for the DATV exemption:

an I-512 parole letter or an I-797C (notice of action) instead of a valid US visa.
a transportation letter instead of a valid US permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998;
a valid travel document with a US 'ADIT' stamp saying - 'Processed for I-551. TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL [date]. EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED'; and
a US visa foil endorsed, "NOT A VISA. FOIL PREPARED AT DHS REQUEST".
If you are a national of a DATV country and you hold a non-national (including refugee) travel document, you will need to get a DATV to transit the UK airside unless you qualify for one of the exemptions listed above.

Please note that this concession is operated at the UK Border Agency's discretion. Our officers may therefore prevent you from using the concession. If you are unsure whether you meet the concession's criteria, you should get a visa before you travel.

As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.

tikkagroup

Oct 31, 2019
Hi sep282012

were you able to travel via Uk without any issues and were you able to complete landing on the return ??