+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Transit Visa Canadian PR (Indian Passpport)

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Hi all,
I would like to get some information/clarification regarding transiting from London, UK.

My wife and I are planning to spend about 48 hours in London before catching our flight to the final destination India). When I check on this website: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/india/transit/somewhere_else/yes , the information indicates that permanent residents of Canada do not need to apply for Visitor in Transit Visa. However, Transiting without visa information is not precise as we will going through UK border control but leaving the UK within 48 hours. We are planning to spend two nights (48 hrs) in London, before we take the onward flight. Any help would be great!

Transiting without a visa
You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:
  • you arrive and depart by air
  • have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
  • have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:
  • you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
  • you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
  • you have a residence permit issued by Canada issued after 28 June 2002

Last edited:

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
  • have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
Is this applicable? I think not.

Reactions: scylla

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
This is what I found:

For Transit Without Visa, at the officers discretion, travelers transiting through UK can get 24 hrs entry. In our case, since we are looking for 48hrs stay, we would need to apply for the Visitor in Transit Visa.