+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK to Canada Common Law Spouse Visa

Tidalwave

Apr 15, 2019
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hi everyone, I have what I hope is an easy question.

Background:
Me (UK citizen) living in the UK with my Canadian girlfriend (In a relationship for more than 3 years, living together more than a year and a half).
We are planning to move to Canada around September 2020 and understand that processing times for a common law spouse visa can be up to 12 months.

My question is, if the visa application is successful, how much time do I have to actually land in Canada after the visa is approved?
(I think when she got her ancestry visa to move to UK she had to land in UK within 4 weeks or something of the visa being approved.)

Also, has anyone emigrated with a pet dog and could provide any advice on that process?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you might have :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone, I have what I hope is an easy question.

Background:
Me (UK citizen) living in the UK with my Canadian girlfriend (In a relationship for more than 3 years, living together more than a year and a half).
We are planning to move to Canada around September 2020 and understand that processing times for a common law spouse visa can be up to 12 months.

My question is, if the visa application is successful, how much time do I have to actually land in Canada after the visa is approved?
(I think when she got her ancestry visa to move to UK she had to land in UK within 4 weeks or something of the visa being approved.)

Also, has anyone emigrated with a pet dog and could provide any advice on that process?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you might have :)
The COPR will be valid for one year from the date of the medical, which is done a few months into the process. UK apps are generally around 8-10 months.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Emigrating with a pet into Canada is easy. Have a rabies certificate available for inspection at the airport, or a promise to get the shots within a month. Pay the fee. I'm not sure if the UK have exit requirements for pets.