+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Residents - Experian credit report for Proof of Funds ?

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bank can only provide a bank statement for 6 months which does not include:
- Account open date
- That I have no debts or outstanding credit

I live in the UK. I've figured a solution would be to get a full credit report from Experian which should hopefully have that information.

Is anyone in the same position, any thoughts?

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
I honestly dont think having a credit check done on yourself and providing CIC with the copy of your credit report is necessary!

Talk to your bank and they should have the information of your account opening date and to me i guess that should be fine...as long as you follow CIC requirements as per the minimum funds required per threshold! Goodluck!

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe somehow my post wasn't clear:

My bank does not provide any kind of letters except a bank statement which doesn't include the two details I've listed: Open date and outstanding debts.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:

My bank does not provide any kind of letters except a bank statement which doesn't include the two details I've listed: Open date and outstanding debts.
Same here. My bank refused to provide me with the same and I'm applying from the UK. What the lady at customer services did though was to take a screen shot of the opening dates of all my accounts, printed it and stamped it. I added this to my 6 months bank statement and submitted. You can also put your credit check too to sure you aren't in debt, there's no harm in doing that since the bank won't put that in writing.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply, man.

What have you done to show that you have no debts? Why didn't you get a credit report like me?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My account screenshot showed my credit card account so I printed 6 months statement of that too and submitted.

amamh said:

What have you done to show that you have no debts? Why didn't you get a credit report like me?

ETE

May 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2015
amamh said:

The credit report isn't necessary. The bank statements and or the letter will suffice.

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Amamh,

What bank do you use?

My bank, Lloyds bank refused initially to give me a letter but after much pressure, they provided me with the letter.

amamh said:

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you serious??? I use Lloyds too.. they completely rejected it. I even called these idiots and again they said they can't do it...

Which branch did you go to? how did you convince them? I was actually planning to submit today and use Experian credit report, now I might wait and try again on Monday.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
Are you serious??? I use Lloyds too.. they completely rejected it. I even called these idiots and again they said they can't do it...

Which branch did you go to? how did you convince them? I was actually planning to submit today and use Experian credit report, now I might wait and try again on Monday.
I also bank with Lloyds. I begged and begged but they didn't give me the time of day, I also called and did everything but nothing, I guess the poster above was lucky. Not providing the letter in CIC's format is not enough reason for refusal, just provide as much info as possible.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, what are you going to do? I'm going to get an Experian credit report to show that I have no debts, and show the letter I got from Lloyds when I opened the account to show open dates, the rest is covered in the 6 months statements I got from Lloyds.

How about you?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amamh said:
So, what are you going to do? I'm going to get an Experian credit report to show that I have no debts, and show the letter I got from Lloyds when I opened the account to show open dates, the rest is covered in the 6 months statements I got from Lloyds.

How about you?
Like I told you previously, I wrote a LOE explaining that my bank wouldn't provide me a letter with the required format and included my bank account and credit card statements. I've already submitted and have decision made.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh, so what happened, did they accept you !? Your profile doesn't show

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
It took me about 2 -3 weeks to get the details from my local branch.

I first went to my local branch and was told by the branch Manager that they can't provide bespoke letter. I then called the customer service and made a complaint. The person I spoke to initially told me they cannot provide the letter but I insisted that I have to get the letter in order for my visa to be approved. Eventually, I was transferred to one of the team lead and she apologised to me. She even credited my account with £20 and £6 to cover for my phone call cost.

To cut the long story short, she sent an email to my local branch to issue me the letter. She also sent me an apology letter as well.
I went to the branch and was given the average balance per month for the last 6 months. It was then I realised, it is easy for them to provide the average balance cos mine was got directly from their system. In addition, I was given a letter showing my current balance and start date of all my accounts.

amamh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about showing that you have no debts and loans? Have you submitted and been accepted already?