+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Police certificate application (ACRO)

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hey experts!
hope to get some useful feedback...

I applied for my wife's PCC from the UK (England) on May 30, 2023.
I have not received any 'acknowledgement' from Acro .... (sent few followups too).

Looks like there website is down and only way to send application was by email. Which is what I did.

My deadline for PR submission is over, so I submitted with proof of payment and the email for now.

But key question is:
1. should i re-apply and do payment again? (in case first one has some technical issue?)
2. does anyone know of any customer care or contact number for atleast getting an acknowledgement?
3. Lastly, how much does it take these days to get the copy in hand?

Thank you!

sjmartin30

Jun 24, 2023
Same here
Hi there,

Still no response on our application and getting worried that we have received no communication since application on May 19, 2023.
Any movement on your application? Please let me know. I'm not sure if we should call the customer helpline to make sure they have it....

Yandluri

Dec 15, 2021
Hey experts!
hope to get some useful feedback...

I applied for my wife's PCC from the UK (England) on May 30, 2023.
I have not received any 'acknowledgement' from Acro .... (sent few followups too).

Looks like there website is down and only way to send application was by email. Which is what I did.

My deadline for PR submission is over, so I submitted with proof of payment and the email for now.

But key question is:
1. should i re-apply and do payment again? (in case first one has some technical issue?)
2. does anyone know of any customer care or contact number for atleast getting an acknowledgement?
3. Lastly, how much does it take these days to get the copy in hand?

Thank you!
Just resend the same email again. I applied first and then send a couple of chasers but no reply. After few days, I replied and got acknowledgement for the application I sent 2nd time.

Reactions: aravindguruswamy

aravindguruswamy

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hi there,

Still no response on our application and getting worried that we have received no communication since application on May 19, 2023.
Any movement on your application? Please let me know. I'm not sure if we should call the customer helpline to make sure they have it....
yea i got an acknowledgment email that they have received it.

sjmartin30

Jun 24, 2023
yea i got an acknowledgment email that they have received it.
Just to let everyone know who may read this us that ACRO is currently taking a crazy amount of time to process police certificates. We applied May 19 and only today (July 4) received a confirmation email that our certificate is being dispatched. Good luck everyone!

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Just to let everyone know who may read this us that ACRO is currently taking a crazy amount of time to process police certificates. We applied May 19 and only today (July 4) received a confirmation email that our certificate is being dispatched. Good luck everyone!
Thats crazy. I think my application will expire by the time I receive it.

TINTUMINTU

Apr 4, 2017
Anyone has recent experience with ACRO. I have applied PCC on 10 August 2023, and on 17th August, I got confirmation. Do anyone know how long does it take from ACRO to send an email regarding parcel sent.

sb2607

Aug 22, 2023
Anyone has recent experience with ACRO. I have applied PCC on 10 August 2023, and on 17th August, I got confirmation. Do anyone know how long does it take from ACRO to send an email regarding parcel sent.
Hi @TINTUMINTU , I have sent email with my application on 14th August but haven't received any acknowledgement yet. Did you send any chasers or they responded themselves after few days of your submitting the application? Thanks!

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
I applied 17th July.

Received confirmation that the certificate will be dispatched on 13 August.

So, the process seems to take around a month. There was no correspondence between those dates.

Sending emails and "chasers" just slows down the system and is unnecessary. If there is something wrong with your application, they'll tell you.

Reactions: sb2607

sb2607

Aug 22, 2023
I applied 17th July.

Received confirmation that the certificate will be dispatched on 13 August.

So, the process seems to take around a month. There was no correspondence between those dates.

Sending emails and "chasers" just slows down the system and is unnecessary. If there is something wrong with your application, they'll tell you.
How much time it took after dispatch and delivery to your home?

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
I applied on 3rd of August. Sent around 5 emails for updates. Finally got a reply last week saying it’s in the final steps of processing but haven’t received anything saying it’s been dispatched.

sb2607

Aug 22, 2023
I applied on 3rd of August. Sent around 5 emails for updates. Finally got a reply last week saying it’s in the final steps of processing but haven’t received anything saying it’s been dispatched.
Oh! Have you already received ITA? Actually mine is expiring on Sept 30th and till now only email I have received from them is stating they have received my application (on Sept 1). Not sure should I decline or submit my application with LOE (if not received it by that time)..