+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Police Certificate Address

JohnNewts

May 22, 2018
Hello all,

Will it matter that the address stated on my UK Police Certificate is different to my current address?

I have applied for a police cert from the UK which will be dated May 21st 2018. However the address listed on the certificate will be my UK address (lived in Canada for last 18months) and will not match up to my current address in Canada which is stated on my profile.

I have no forms of ID to use for my current Canadian address and therefore would not be able to get a certificate with it on.

I am applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry.

Any help is much appreciated.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello all,

Will it matter that the address stated on my UK Police Certificate is different to my current address?

I have applied for a police cert from the UK which will be dated May 21st 2018. However the address listed on the certificate will be my UK address (lived in Canada for last 18months) and will not match up to my current address in Canada which is stated on my profile.

I have no forms of ID to use for my current Canadian address and therefore would not be able to get a certificate with it on.

I am applying under the Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry.

Any help is much appreciated.
You will create ambiguity in visa officers mind about your UK PCC. As you no longer reside in UK your UK PCC must be dated after your departure from the country but your PCC will mention a UK adress as your address which may indicate you are still in UK. Don't you have any bank account in Canada? You can show bank statement, utility bill, doctor's letter or a letter from your employer confirming your address in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnNewts

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello all,

So according to the instructions for the UK PCC you have to provide your current address, which you did not... ?

You're saying you have none of the following, but you've been in Canada for 18 months???
https://www.acro.police.uk/acro_std.aspx?id=2159

Look, I honestly don't know if IRCC will care about the address on the PCC, but I would suggest following the instructions and not lying to the UK police : )

JohnNewts

May 22, 2018
You will create ambiguity in visa officers mind about your UK PCC. As you no longer reside in UK your UK PCC must be dated after your departure from the country but your PCC will mention a UK adress as your address which may indicate you are still in UK. Don't you have any bank account in Canada? You can show bank statement, utility bill, doctor's letter or a letter from your employer confirming your address in Canada.
I agree you are right. I will restart the process and see if I can get any of the documents. I will contact my bank. Thank you

Reactions: ishq74

JohnNewts

May 22, 2018
I have moved around Canada frequently and initially thought, as only a temporary resident that here, that my permanent UK address is what was needed. However, the more I have found about the process the dates and address will not match up. I am going to start over and use my current address