jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Folks,

Need your inputs on this.

I lived in the UK for around 5 months and 10 days from late 2011. During this period I made weekend trips to mainland Europe 5 times. Should I still get a PCC for the UK? Or am I good without it?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
You don't need PCC if it's less than 6 months and you can explain it well. However, you may opt to get a U.K. PCC which is relatively easier to get than other parts of the world, so to be on a safer side.

There are similar cases where applicants are being asked to produce PCC from US and U.K. while they have visited like only 4-5 months.

Now you have both options either to go without PCC with good Letter of Explanation and travel history or go with PCC.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.

jagadishgandhi

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
You don't need PCC if it's less than 6 months and you can explain it well. However, you may opt to get a U.K. PCC which is relatively easier to get than other parts of the world, so to be on a safer side.

There are similar cases where applicants are being asked to produce PCC from US and U.K. while they have visited like only 4-5 months.

Now you have both options either to go without PCC with good Letter of Explanation and travel history or go with PCC.

I hope this will help. Good Luck.
Thanks for your suggestion @BillHyatt. I will probably go ahead and get the UK PCC to be on the safer side.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks for your suggestion @BillHyatt. I will probably go ahead and get the UK PCC to be on the safer side.
Hi - could you please let me know how you went about getting a UK PCC? I stayed in UK for about 11 months spread over 2 visits more than 10 years ago. I am wondering if I need to get a PCC and if yes, how to get one. Your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi - could you please let me know how you went about getting a UK PCC? I stayed in UK for about 11 months spread over 2 visits more than 10 years ago. I am wondering if I need to get a PCC and if yes, how to get one. Your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks!
I have somewhat similar situation