+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK MOTORCYCLE VALIDATION !!!

r!otcake

Full Member
Jan 19, 2011
20
0
120
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone!

I have a full UK motorcycle license, I'm aware in some provinces you have to re-take and gain a new license however some except you current UK license!

I'm moving to NEW BRUNSWICK and was wondering if anyone can tell me whether it would be a straight swap or not?

THANKS!! ;D
 

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
4,888
204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well Ontario does not offer a M/C license when you swap your UK one, you lose the M/C part.

Try looking here
http://www.snb.ca/e/1000/1011e.asp


Service New Brunswick TeleServices Phone Numbers:

Within North America: 1-888-762-8600 (No Charge Dial)

Outside North America: 1 (506) 684-7901


No need to double post :)
 

r!otcake

Full Member
Jan 19, 2011
20
0
120
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haha! I wasn't sure whether it posted or not! :D

Thankyou for your responce! 8)
 

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
4,888
204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
r!otcake said:
Haha! I wasn't sure whether it posted or not! :D

Thankyou for your responce! 8)
No problem, when you finally dig out the answer can you post it for others to look at.

I think it is bad that I cant keep my bike licence from the UK, I have been riding for tens of years and I still have to do a test in Ontario :(
 

r!otcake

Full Member
Jan 19, 2011
20
0
120
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will do !! I'm contacting the service in New Brunswick tomorrow and I've emailed a few people, so hopefully i'll get a responce in the next few days *fingers crossed re-takes not necessary* ???

That is quite silly really, I mean yeah fair enough sight/vision tests but the full re-take?! Hope you get back out on the road asap however :)
 

r!otcake

Full Member
Jan 19, 2011
20
0
120
UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well good news!!

A straight swap over is possible in New Brunswick and no tests are to be re-taken!

;D ;D ;D
 

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
4,888
204
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:(

I can swap my UK licence (combined bike & car) in Ontario, but in the process they remove the right to ride a motorcycle.

Maybe I should move to NB.
 

MikeUK

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
81
2
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
I contacted the folks in Ontario about my UK motorcycle licence as well...they said if you've been riding for 2 years or more you should be able to get credit for that and just sit the test to have a full Ontario MC licence issued...though there is no approved procedure and you're sort of at the mercy of whatever clerk happens to call your number.

My wife passed her car test after a year of lessons and practice and now drives every day here in London. Ontario said that she must have held her full licence for 2 years to do a straight swap from a UK licence to an Ontario licence...so she'll probably have to sit the full test to get her Ontario licence. Driving in Canada is a complete joke compared to driving here. Just point the car straight and hit the gas!

I came to London with an Ontario licence which was good on automatic and standard cars. When I hired a car in the UK, I was allowed to drive either. As soon as I switched it to a UK licence they limited me to automatic only. I wonder if, when I return and swap my licence back to an Ontario version, the automatic only restriction will still apply. Not that it matters all that much in Canada, but it's the kind of thing that I'm sort of expecting to happen with this process.
 

cono_sur

Star Member
Feb 26, 2010
61
1
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MikeUK said:
Driving in Canada is a complete joke compared to driving here. Just point the car straight and hit the gas!

I came to London with an Ontario licence which was good on automatic and standard cars. When I hired a car in the UK, I was allowed to driver either. As soon as I switched it to a UK licence they limited me to automatic only. I wonder if, when I return and swap my licence back to an Ontario version, the automatic only restriction will still apply. Not that it matters all that much in Canada, but it's the kind of thing that I'm sort of expecting to happen with this process.
Totally agree. We need to be tested using cars with manual transmissions. But then I am sure many will complain that they can't talk on the phone or eat or put makeup on while they drive...

I wish I had learned how to drive a standard. :(
 

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
91
5
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
MikeUK said:
I came to London with an Ontario licence which was good on automatic and standard cars. When I hired a car in the UK, I was allowed to drive either. As soon as I switched it to a UK licence they limited me to automatic only. I wonder if, when I return and swap my licence back to an Ontario version, the automatic only restriction will still apply. Not that it matters all that much in Canada, but it's the kind of thing that I'm sort of expecting to happen with this process.
I had real issues trying to swap my licence back to my Ontario licence. They were very insistant that i take all the tests over. Tried to make me feel better by saying but there is no waiting period and it only cost $10 more. My point being they had my 10+ years driving experience on record and record I had already passed all three tests- You can tell that they have never driven in the uk when they suggest you may be a worse driver for having been there- I agree that driving in Canada is a joke compared to the UK. Needles to say it took 2 hours of aruging and phone calls and I walked out with my G licence back. If you have previsous ontario driving experience don't take no for an answer and make sure they swap you over to your full licence again.
The restriction didn't carry over onto my Licence!
 

MikeUK

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
81
2
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
20-04-2011
spacey said:
I had real issues trying to swap my licence back to my Ontario licence. They were very insistant that i take all the tests over. Tried to make me feel better by saying but there is no waiting period and it only cost $10 more. My point being they had my 10+ years driving experience on record and record I had already passed all three tests- You can tell that they have never driven in the uk when they suggest you may be a worse driver for having been there- I agree that driving in Canada is a joke compared to the UK. Needles to say it took 2 hours of aruging and phone calls and I walked out with my G licence back. If you have previsous ontario driving experience don't take no for an answer and make sure they swap you over to your full licence again.
The restriction didn't carry over onto my Licence!
Wow unbelievable! Switching over to a UK licence was incredibly easy. I'll be getting quite irate if they suggest that I retake my tests!!





[/quote]