+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK freelance web designer

jasper1106

Jul 22, 2009
Hi guys,

Well after a lot of reading I cannot seem to nail down an answer to my question.
I wondered would anyone be so kind to help me out.

All these point calculators seem ask what your full time employment status is.
I have been working as a freelance web designer for the past 4 years.

I do not have a registered company as I don't want to register it in the UK.

Where do I stand with regard to the point system?
I have 14 years education with a 3 year college diploma - no University education.
Although I conduct my work to the same standard as the guys who have the "paperwork" from Uni.
All my skills have been self taught as a web designer.

Can anyone advise what sort of position this puts me in and what I would be best do to stand a good chance with my application from the UK?

Thank you all in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jasper1106 said:
Hi guys,

Well after a lot of reading I cannot seem to nail down an answer to my question.
I wondered would anyone be so kind to help me out.

All these point calculators seem ask what your full time employment status is.
I have been working as a freelance web designer for the past 4 years.

I do not have a registered company as I don't want to register it in the UK.

Where do I stand with regard to the point system?
I have 14 years education with a 3 year college diploma - no University education.
Although I conduct my work to the same standard as the guys who have the "paperwork" from Uni.
All my skills have been self taught as a web designer.

Can anyone advise what sort of position this puts me in and what I would be best do to stand a good chance with my application from the UK?

Thank you all in advance!
1. As web designer in not on the list of 38, without either a job offer or working in Canada for a year, not a chance, I am afraid.

PMM

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Yes, i agree with PMM.

If you had a work experience in canada for 1 year , this profession would have fallen under NOC 2173 but with no Canadian experience/study it will be tough to qualify.

The only option in current list of 38 occupation for IT guys is , if they are managers which i am afraid doesnt hold in your case.

This is my opinion.

Thanks,

Tonio

Apr 7, 2009
As it seems like you would want to work for yourself anyway, why not look in to going via the invester route.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tonio said:
As it seems like you would want to work for yourself anyway, why not look in to going via the invester route.
If you have $800K in net assets, will to either pay $120K or give the Gov't $400K for 5 years with no interest, and have

" * managed a qualifying business and controlled a percentage of equity of the qualifying business for at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application
OR
* managed the equivalent of at least five full-time employees per year in a business for at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application
OR
* a combination of one year of experience described in the first point and one year of experience described in the second point above."

Then go for it.

PMM

Tonio

Apr 7, 2009
Well what about entrepreneur then, less cash involved and i believe the amount of investment varies from province to province.