+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK fraud offence 1 year ago ($3 681 CAD) - inadmissability to visit??

merley

Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone, last year (exactly 12 months ago) i was convicted of fraud by false representation. Basically my train fair to London was costing too much along with my mortgage and for a while a was buying a cheap ticket to a nearby destination to get me through the barrier but my journey should have actually cose much more. I was doing this for a while and in the end we agreed i would pay back £2300 (approx $3 681 CAD), i did however receive a conviction for this.

Can anyone tell me if this will make me inadmissable for a visitors/holiday VISA to Canada. I have a friend there i want to go visit in August.

Thanks for your help in advance!

merley

Jun 29, 2012
bump, can anyone help me with this, could really do with some advice on if i will be ok and what i need to do?

merley said:
Hi everyone, last year (exactly 12 months ago) i was convicted of fraud by false representation. Basically my train fair to London was costing too much along with my mortgage and for a while a was buying a cheap ticket to a nearby destination to get me through the barrier but my journey should have actually cose much more. I was doing this for a while and in the end we agreed i would pay back £2300 (approx $3 681 CAD), i did however receive a conviction for this.

Can anyone tell me if this will make me inadmissable for a visitors/holiday VISA to Canada. I have a friend there i want to go visit in August.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

merley said:

1. Probably equates to Section 380(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-177.html#h-105 value less than $5K. The sentence on Indictment is up to 2 years.
2. So you are inadmissible as a visitor to Canada, and are not eligible for rehabilitation until 5 years have passed since the conviction.